Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Wopsle
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a big fan of variety in games like this, so when I play we like to use heroes from both sets. But it has come to my attention that the newer heroes are a little more powerful.

For example, I noticed lots of the WoA heroes' daily powers say "Do not flip this over if it misses..." which is HUGELY helpful!

Are there any things that I should do to help these CR characters catch up to the WoA Characters, or am I making a bigger deal out of it than it really is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I play WoA I always throw out the CR heroes as options and someone always takes at least one of them. I don't think there's a significant power difference.

The thing about "Don't flip this over if it misses" is offset by the fact that those same powers have no effect on a miss, while all the CR dailies do miss damage. In fact IIRC every Daily in all three games is guaranteed to do something if you spend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If memory serves, four of the classes are in both sets, so let them choose from the powers in either set. This gives a fighter, cleric, wizard or rogue twice the options.

If your paladin or ranger is feeling left out, try mixing up the race as well. Make the paladin an eladrin who uses Fey Step instead of Lay on Hands. Or make your ranger a dragonborn who has Hurled Breath instead of one of the ranger utilities. Or pick up Legend of Drizzt, too, and make up whatever crazy-ass race/class/gender combination you want. Just make sure it has five powers and makes sense to you.

Some people will argue that this will result in game imbalance. That might take the fun out of their game, but I suggest do what is fun for yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think on the whole the WoA heroes are more powerful than the CR heroes, and the LoD heroes are even more powerful again, whilst the games themselves get progressively easier. You could just shuffle up the heroes and pick them randomly. It sucks if you're playing Kat alongside your mate's Drizzt but think of it as a challenge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The games may get progressively easier but when you mix them It scales pretty well. Hard encounters from Cr, curses from WoA and LoD and that Drider aways shows up even with the monster deck mixed!
For me Alissa Is the best hero form Cr. If you use some powers from drizzt (same class) she gets even better.
But if you mix Drizzt with Alissa powers, Ouch, It's like using cheats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I believe Alissa is the most powerful hero of them all, and yes that includes Drizzt.

Her auto hit is the reason, not her power cards. Mix auto hit with
some of the treasures cards and a true killer of monsters
is born...devil

Her Perry card is also one of the most life saving cards when
your on the five yardline and its do or die...then again, what
do I know...heh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endre Molnár
Hungary
flag msg tools
I completely agree with you, my favorite hero is Allisa too, her passive skill to explore while not standing next to the edge is amazing combined with good movement speed: she can get done a lot of things in one turn.

I would like to point out her utility power to increase somebody's roll by 4, which came in handy when the wizard missed a lightning bolt that could have saved us from being overrun with the boss, and it did save us 'cause I used that ability. Teamwork!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.