Subject: Battlecon for the Android? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since we have it on iOS, can we have it for android users like me?

I love BattleCon and everyday, I bring a shoebox containing all 21 characters and all 4 sets of bases.

Needless to say, card games are banned in my school as the "promote gambling"

Nevertheless, I still bring it and my bros and I have smashing fun!

It would be much more convenient if we could just use our phones to play though. (plus, they're easier to hide!)

Sadly, we don't have iPhones (me and my BattleCon pals)

So pretty please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're all waiting for that too, my friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Paris
United States
Post Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The AI program was written in Python (works great on my Linux box--so thankful that this was made platform independent!) and I'm looking in to the Python for Android project.

http://code.google.com/p/python-for-android/

If I have any success, I'll definitely post it here on BGG.

meeple

UPDATE:

Getting Python for Android running was a lot easier than I expected! I was able to load the BattleCON-AI scripts on to my phone, but ran into a problem trying to run them due to some old syntax used in the source code.

I have reached out to the script's author and hopefully we can find a resolution soon. When (not if) I get it running, I'll post a message in the forums with a walk-through of what to do to get it running on Android devices.

I'm excited to play the AI on my phone soon!!

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mnmkami wrote:
Since we have it on iOS, can we have it for android users like me?

Not any time soon.
The problem is that programming for iOS and for Android are completely different.

We're not talking English to French different. We're talking "Musical Notation" to "Quantum Physics" different.

Brad knows iOS programming. He knows NOTHING about Android. He would need to spend 6+ months just learning Android in order to even start TRYING.
And the real problem is, he has other things keeping him busy in the meantime, like the Minigame Library, and Devastation of Indines.

Trust me, I am a dedicated Android user, and I desperately want this... but it's just not happening this year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to admit that Palmer is right. It's much more likely that we'll get BattleCON on Steam before Android. I know a little Java, but not enough to make anything usable on Android.

Last year I bought a droid myself hoping that I'd be able to do this, but it turns out to be much more involved than I thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooo, Steam, really? That'd be great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.