Richelieu» Forums » Rules

Subject: Intrigue Resolution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Just to check the timing ... when Intrigue is resolved, we flip face-down tiles, then decide which of the two factions wins. Then we award first-place & second-place bonuses to the relevant players. Only after performing the bonuses are the tokens and Eminence Grise or Queen pawns removed.

Where a player is performing his bonus, Corruption permits you to move another player's token. Can that be a token involved in the current Intrigue? Presumably this doesn't require any recalculation of the winning faction or players? Presumably, the token which was turned face up to resolve the Intrigue remains face up?

In a similar way - Place an agent / Eminent Grise / Queen - you cannot add something to the Intrigue being resolved, and moving the Eminent Grise or Queen off the Intrigue being resolved doesn't recalculate anything, but it does mean the Eminence Grise or Queen aren't returned to their palaces?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Lamontagne
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When the intrigue is completed, we check who wins the intrigues (Cardinal or opposition). This result and rewards order is final and cannot be modified in any way.

The Corruption must be used in another intrigue than the completed one, it is possible that there are not agents to corrupt, in that case the bonus is lost.

The Queen/Éminence Grise are not returned to their palace if they are won in the rewards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Capitaine Grappin wrote:
The Corruption must be used in another intrigue than the completed one, it is possible that there are not agents to corrupt, in that case the bonus is lost.

Ahhh ... so we actually played it correctly yesterday! This situation arose in the very first Intrigue Resolution. I lost the Corruption bonus, but I thought we'd got it wrong after re-reading the rules.

Many thanks for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NICK KOUKOS
Greece
HERAKLION ,CRETE
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't find anywhere in the rules when and how Eminent Grise and Queen are placed on the intrigues. Am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Blake
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's explained on page 3 of the rule sheet, "Place the eminence Grise" and "Place the Queen". Just where their icons are.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo Campolucci
Italy
Piossasco
Torino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the only way to move/place Queen or the Eminence is using the result of a Bonus.
There is no other way to do it ?
Is it correct ?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.