Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Winter is coming... wait its already here! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sid GameTrail
Australia
flag msg tools
Friends,

As in Westeros, winter spells doom for outdoor board gaming. soblue

Unfortunately due to the horrid Canberra weather and our inability to find a suitable indoor venue at Gorman House markets, we have been forced to close GameTrail for the winter, or until such time as we can find an appropriate indoor location to play board games.

Thank you for your support so far, we really appreciate it! We will be back up and running, better than ever, as the weather improves.

You will no doubt see us around still, at the regular board game gatherings in Gungahlin or pancake parlour, so we aren't disappearing totally.

We will still continue to supply games for people to purchase, we can arrange to drop them of in the Parliamentary triangle or in Civic.

Take care, and I'm sure we'll see you soon.

Regards

Sid and Linda
GameTrail

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you perhaps get a space at the Old Bus Depo Markets in Kingston? Its all undercover, and was really busy last Sunday (even though it was chilly and threatening rain).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shingo Ishikawa
Australia
Isaacs
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Sid

Yes winter weather in canberra is quite unpredictable.. it's been quite nice so far but always seem to turn worst on the weekends.

I'm just wondering, if you have a website with list of games and prices? Or even having them on the BGG market place, or create a geeklist with all the games available to purchase? These things might be quite useful.

If you have a website.. it might be helpful to have a link in your user page too

Shingo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
shingoi wrote:
Hi Sid

Yes winter weather in canberra is quite unpredictable.. it's been quite nice so far but always seem to turn worst on the weekends.

I'm just wondering, if you have a website with list of games and prices? Or even having them on the BGG market place, or create a geeklist with all the games available to purchase? These things might be quite useful.

If you have a website.. it might be helpful to have a link in your user page too

Shingo

Top idea, Shingo!

Failing that, there are always the regular e-mails that have updated game listings.

As for Canberra weather, I played cricket in Sydney for five years and had maybe one game rained out; here we usually lose two or three games a season due to rain. One week it can be 40 degress and the next week it's 8 degrees with a frigid wind coming straight from the Brindabellas.

Good luck fining a suitable venue!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
If you add games to the BGG marketplace, I can add you to my website so people like Tegs:

http://friendless.servegame.org/dynamic/trade/Tegs

can see where what you've got overlaps with what she wants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid GameTrail
Australia
flag msg tools
Thanks for your great suggestions guys!

We actually looked into running GameTrail at Kingston markets, however, they only allow stallholders that sell hand made arts and crafts or stuff that people grew or prepared themselves, not manufactured goods. Very annoying!

But will look into how the BGG marketplace works, and thanks for the offer John, your platform looks quite intriguing.

We also plan on having a website up and running at some point in the near future. We do have a growing mailing list that provides subscribers with information on when we'll be operating, our range of stock and some news, reviews and trailers for old and new board games. If you or your friends are keen to get onto that, send us your email addresses and we'll add you to the list (which is quiet at the moment as we consider locations to set up our gaming events going forward).

There are already a handful of gaming events happening in Canberra every month, but our hope is fill in the gaps and make sure there is a board gaming event for Canberrans to attend at least once every week (without conflicting with other gatherings around town). We hope for your support going forward guys.

Regards

Sid and Linda

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always thought Australians were tough. Maybe I should look to vacation in New Zealand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.