Popular Tags: [View All]
Igor Mascarenhas
Brazil
Teixeira de Freitas
Bahia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, i'm a brazilian addicted to re-design, craft and play boardgames. Now i'll put Space Opera in my table and lets see what will happen.

This thread you will find the updates and process of this project. Hope all of you like it and help me with suggestions and opinions.

Right now i'm making some research about theme and stocks to use in project and then i'll read the rules again and start work.

What I can say now is: in my re-design you will need some eurocubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

My name is Marc, I´m from Spain, and I´m here looking at your updates and process...Wish you the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Mascarenhas
Brazil
Teixeira de Freitas
Bahia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mapiu2001 wrote:

My name is Marc, I´m from Spain, and I´m here looking at your updates and process...Wish you the best.

Thanks Marc.

Here is the first draft and how the re-design is going.

As I said i'll use eurocubes to record the values.
Now I'll start the tables drafts and draw another main board. After that some playtesting with drafts and I'll update the thread.

I hope make a big progress this week
Let's see
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
igor, nice design but what attracts you to this game? i just read the rules, such as they are

you randomly roll up your crew and skills
you randomly roll up your mission
you randomly roll for an encounter
you randomly roll for what happens in the encounter(which you win if your previous random skill roll matches what is needed for the event)
and sometmes you return to the starbase to heal or get a new skill

where is the game in this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Mascarenhas
Brazil
Teixeira de Freitas
Bahia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I've been offline for while but I'm back now.

First I'd like to thanks for all comments.

Second, I should answer some questions

dumarest123 wrote:
igor, nice design but what attracts you to this game? i just read the rules, such as they are

you randomly roll up your crew and skills
you randomly roll up your mission
you randomly roll for an encounter
you randomly roll for what happens in the encounter(which you win if your previous random skill roll matches what is needed for the event)
and sometmes you return to the starbase to heal or get a new skill

where is the game in this?

Well, in fact this game is quite simple, but I saw an opportunity to improve my design skills. And I know I could improve even more with another game. but I like these kinda of game and let's see what will we get of it.

Third, I lost the pnp tournament, what was my main reason to get on this project. But I liked so much of results I got and decided keep on. I made some progress today and soon they will be online in BGG database.

I hope you guys enjoy and maybe we could turn this game in another version with new rules. I confess that i'm not so much a good in mechanics and etc but with help, maybe, we could try.

Anyway the re-design will go on and I hope someone enjoy it.

Thanks for all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Bunch

Triangle
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Any progress so far? The initial re-design seems great. This was just a simple D6 game I bashed together working late-nights over a decade ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Mascarenhas
Brazil
Teixeira de Freitas
Bahia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
axe_troop wrote:
Any progress so far? The initial re-design seems great. This was just a simple D6 game I bashed together working late-nights over a decade ago.

Hello, thanks for your comment. Well, I put this project aside when others appear and just forget about it. I'f you are intersted and other people as well I could finish or maybe share files to someone get to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.