United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
As a guy who like to put base games and expansions into one box this is me just asking GMT to consider a deeper box for this expansion. Perhaps not the phone book sized Virgin Queen box, but something a bit bigger than the base game box.

thanks in advance

-M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Tak
United States
Chapin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
malloc wrote:
As a guy who like to but base games and expansions into one box this is me just asking GMT to consider a deeper box for this expansion. Perhaps not the phone book sized Virgin Queen box, but something a bit bigger than the base game box.

thanks in advance

-M

Dominant Species or SPQR Deluxe sized? I P500 a deep box if it wasn't financially feasible to do it with the base expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Adultman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.jasonbegy.com
badge
http://www.jasonbegy.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I too would love a deep box for this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count my vote! I'd love a three-inch deep box for this expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Honolulu
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt the box will fit my plano boxes plus maps, it would have to be truly huge. So I am indifferent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Apollo Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My 2 cents: I liked that the box was small-ish. Made the game very portable. The little plastic counter case I used (from Jo-Anne's I think) fit in there perfectly too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrono280 wrote:
My 2 cents: I liked that the box was small-ish. Made the game very portable. The little plastic counter case I used (from Jo-Anne's I think) fit in there perfectly too.

I too was OK with the original box, but with an expansion, the fewer boxes I have to lug around the better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
"Yeah I killed women and children, killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another and I'm here to kill you Little Bill"
badge
"It's a Sicilian message. It means Luci Brasi sleeps with the fishes."
mbmbmbmbmb
theTak wrote:
malloc wrote:
As a guy who like to but base games and expansions into one box this is me just asking GMT to consider a deeper box for this expansion. Perhaps not the phone book sized Virgin Queen box, but something a bit bigger than the base game box.

thanks in advance

-M

Dominant Species or SPQR Deluxe sized? I P500 a deep box if it wasn't financially feasible to do it with the base expansion.

I would also like to see a 3" box for the expansion. Sekigahara has a 3" box on the P500 list for the pre-order price of $6.00. If given the opportunity, I would definitely pre-order a 3" Space Empires: Close Encounters box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Cranor
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A box designed to hold 4 (or 5?) gmt counter trays would be sweet and make a lot of sense. I chopped up my base game box to 'skin' a box of that size and it's been great. The counter trays accommodate a race's chit assortment very nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Goodman
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
Did anyone ever find out if a deeper box will actually happen? That would be perfect for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmb
It didn't happen. It will be another box of the same size as the first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Goodman
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
Ah - that's life - no big deal. There's so much that is cool about this expansion that the box size really is a minor, minor thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmb
Yeah, I would have like it also. If we every do another expansion (which would be a big if) maybe we could get a box that could hold everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.