ricky s
Italy
flag msg tools
I have not tried this yet but I think it may help with the lannister greyjoy unbalance. I think that with this rule there will be more uncertainty about what greyjoy will do in the first moves, maybe focusing more on diplomacy rather than attacking with brutal force the lannisters leading to an early lannister defeat or more likely to a long war that only favors stark (which is already too powerful)
What do you think?
Sorry for my bad english

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher M
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
badge
Awesome Possum
mbmbmbmbmb
rickyski wrote:
I have not tried this yet but I think it may help with the lannister greyjoy unbalance. I think that with this rule there will be more uncertainty about what greyjoy will do in the first moves, maybe focusing more on diplomacy rather than attacking with brutal force the lannisters leading to an early lannister defeat or more likely to a long war that only favors stark (which is already too powerful)
What do you think?
Sorry for my bad english

I don't like the change too much because with Tyrell's completely awesome hosue cards, they would totally dominate until at least a Clash of Kings come out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You've answered it yourself:
rickyski wrote:
a long war that only favors stark

While Lannister is at the mercy of Greyjoy, it'd be a mistake for Greyjoy to attack him. I've yet to see a game (without total beginners) where any fighting between them on the first turns ever sees one of them win.

Greyjoy is much better handling with Stark, and leaving Lannister to fend off Baratheon and Tyrell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brad sheehan
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
If lannister plays correctly he can hold off a grey joy attack. Turning it into a stalemate where neither side has a chance of winning. Balance is fine in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seli L
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
bsheehan34 wrote:
If lannister plays correctly he can hold off a grey joy attack. Turning it into a stalemate where neither side has a chance of winning. Balance is fine in my opinion.

If lannister plays correctly and focuses everything on it (meaning others need to leave him alone), he can hold off a grey joy attack.

There, fixed it for you.

From my own experience I can tell the game is not that much fun if Lannister's game stands and falls with whatever Greyjoy decides to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.