Subject: A Few Questions.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Merrick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, just recieved my copy and have a few questions.

What does it mean when it says to drive trough a corner a car must stop a minimum number of times? I know it means the yellow number, does it mean slowing down the number of gears?

When you slipstream if you decide to pass the car infront then cut back in front of it do you roll for collision passing next to it? and the same if you change lane and move 2 spaces forward past the other car does it cause a collision?

Cheers Chris.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rahaim
United States
Fuquay-Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seriousmedic wrote:
What does it mean when it says to drive trough a corner a car must stop a minimum number of times? I know it means the yellow number, does it mean slowing down the number of gears?

Your car must end it's turn that many times in that corner. e.g. If a turn requires 1 stop, you must end a turn within the confine of the corner (or face wear point/tire penalties.)

The gear you are in doesn't matter. if you get lucky you could be in 6th gear for a 1 stop turn. (or face a fiery death if you are unlucky).

On 2+ stop turns you must end that many turns in the corner.

seriousmedic wrote:
When you slipstream if you decide to pass the car infront then cut back in front of it do you roll for collision passing next to it? and the same if you change lane and move 2 spaces forward past the other car does it cause a collision?

You only roll for a collision when your turn ends adjacent to another car. It doesn't matter how close you come while moving.

-Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Merrick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers Jason, another question. If I roll to move 4 spaces, can I chose not to move the full spaces (like only move 2-3 spaces) Iam 99% sure I can't as it would make the game too easy.

Cheers Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right - it would make the game too easy. It would also undermine half the justification for having a different die for each gear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Merrick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers people, now just gotta wait till the misses and kids get home tonight to play.

Cheers Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Merrick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question, if I want to change down a gear i lose a WP per gear so 1WP for 1 gear, 2WP for 2 gears?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Block
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
no you only lose WP when you shift down MORE than one gear at a time.
I think:
1 WP gearbox for 2 gears down
1 WP gearbox + 1 WP brakes for 3 gears and
1 WP gearbox + 1 WP brakes + 1 WP engine for 4 gears.

...but check the manual to be sure.
There are also nice cheat sheets to download in the files section.

Have fun!

edit: I just realized that the above only is true in the advanced rules.
When you play with the beginner rules the WP probably just add up.
so
1 WP for 2 gears
2 WP for 3 gears and
3 WP for 4 gears.

... again check the manual to be sure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor J
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seriousmedic wrote:
Cheers Jason, another question. If I roll to move 4 spaces, can I chose not to move the full spaces (like only move 2-3 spaces) Iam 99% sure I can't as it would make the game too easy.

Cheers Chris

I don't have the rules in front of me, but I thought you could do this under the braking rules. For each space not moved you take 1 wear point (basic game) if I recall properly...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.