Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Computer Based Board Gaming

Subject: Cards Wars [TBS] [Flash] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexey Izvalov
msg tools
Hello! I've developed a a turn-based strategy, it's a fusion of Risk board game and card game War. Could you, please, take a look at it and share your opinion?

You can play the game here: http://www.kongregate.com/games/GeneralVimes/cards-wars

Every province is garrisoned with 1 - 7 playing cards. If you attack the neighbour, the battle goes on until one of the sides looses 50% of its garrison. The defeated army retreats. The player earns experience points for victorious battles, he can spend them to activate the powerups.

Controls:
Drag-and-drop - attack or move;
Click - open the Arrangement window;
End Turn button is in the top-left screen corner;
Settings button is in the tor-rigfht screen corner.

There is a Hotseat multiplayer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Monroe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neat idea.

If I have a 10, 9 and I attack a 3, 2, I win. However, the *animation* is weird or perhaps faulty (or maybe I'm misunderstanding it), because the 10 flies over to chop the 3, then that 10 visibly becomes a 9, which then flies back to my pile. This seems like a bug.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Izvalov
msg tools
Thank you! Yes, I'll think of different battle visualization, perhaps, showing all the cards in the attacking and defending decks simultaneously.

The key idea is that the cards go to battle one-by-one and the victorious card's value is decreased by 1 point.

So, after your "10, 9" deck wins the battle you'll have "9" in the captured province and "9" in the initial province. The first "9" was "10" before the battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Monroe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeneralVimes wrote:
the victorious card's value is decreased by 1 point.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Izvalov
msg tools
Yes, I added this feature to avoid the existance of the "eternal aces"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeneralVimes wrote:
Yes, I added this feature to avoid the existance of the "eternal aces"

That also makes pretty good thematic sense as well, as it simulates taking losses in the battle even though you won.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Izvalov
msg tools
Indeed
Currently I'm exploring the best technology to make Cards Wars multiplayer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.