J Pizzle
United Kingdom
Annan
Scotland
flag msg tools
I live in the Annan Area and am looking for people to play board games or groups that are already in existence that I could join. I am willing to travel as far as dumfries, carlisle, or lockerbie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Henry
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumfries Wargamers meets every Tuesday at the Five Arches on the Annan road. They're mostly historical table top wargamers but there's normally a board game going as well. All sorts of boardgames are played, mostly euros but you can normally find someone to play any game that you bring along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul laverack
United Kingdom
Carlisle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

we are a small group who meet regularly in Wigton/Penrith area. we play most board games -wargames/sci fi/Euros. Usually organised by Mantuanwar (BGG member)
always happy to accept new blood. what sort of things are you in to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, hi there! There is a club in Carlisle as well. They are mostly playing fantasy and sci-fi miniatures. They meet every Saturday at Greystone Community Centre from 11.45 till 18.00.

As Paul says there are regular boardgames in Wigton at my house and in Penrith.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I see from your top 10 that you like Game of Thrones! I have been fortunate enough to play that twice this weekend - on Friday night with 5 players (including Paul) and today 3 player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaheen Savarnejad
Scotland
Hamilton
None
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul and Mike, do you have more information on the clubs you mentioned above? I haven't heard of them and would like to add them to our database of clubs at Central Belt PUGs to show people in our network (who might be interested in attending) that they exist.

Thanks,

- Shazz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules D
United Kingdom
Annan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also in the Annan area looking for fellow board gamers.

Found an awesome minature gamer club in Carlisle, which I went to today, that play warmachine/warhammer/40k. But i'm also a board and card gamer so looking for people to game with.

Jules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You mean the Carlisle group mentioned in the post four above don't you? Yes, really friendly guys, though not quite my type of game.

Check out Cumbria Board Gamers in the Guilds section. I host boardgames regularly in Wigton (quicker by boat from Annan!). The other regular meet is in Penrith.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jules. I am off to Germany for two weeks starting this coming Friday, but when I return I will certainly be organising something in Wigton. In the October/November half-term week I am planning a real games extravaganza. Are you prepared to travel as far as Wigton?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules D
United Kingdom
Annan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evening might be a bit far but weekends would be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jules,
please join, and subscribe to, the BGG Guild called Cumbria Board Gamers to be apprised of what is going on down here in Wigton, Penrith and Kendal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.