Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Rio
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So is Mossy Stone only found in Dungeons and Jungle Temples? Cause I'm going through an Abandoned Mine Shaft and I came across a 15x15(or so) room with Cobbleston and Mossy Stone, a spawner, and 2 chests. Completely surrounded by A.M.S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
That is a dungeon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, dungeons are just one room.

Although I actually found one once that had a wall running through the middle of it, so it was sort of like two rooms. It was the first one I ever saw. The spawner was actually in the wall, and could put out zombies on either side. With the flames in the spawn cage, it kind of looked like a little fireplace in the wall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Dungeons are not to be confused with strongholds, which are entire underground complexes containing portals to another dimension.

Can a stronghold contain a dungeon? I've never found one so all my experience is theoretical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
Dungeons are not to be confused with strongholds, which are entire underground complexes containing portals to another dimension.

Can a stronghold contain a dungeon? I've never found one so all my experience is theoretical.

Probably, I think they are generated at the same step as abandoned mines and ravines. If those can get dungeons there's no reason strongholds can't. Of course, since strongholds are extremely rare in comparison the chance of actually encountering that situation is going to be very low.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rio
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That explains things, thanks. It's more like a dungeon-room-of-a-larger-building rather than a dungeon-complex-adventurers-delve-into-with-external-entrance. In Minecraft, the latter is the stronghold.
Got it, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.