Hide
16 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Instantaneous Win Conditions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B.J. Dexter-Hitchcock
msg tools
Does anyone of any games (euros mostly) out there that feature instantaneous win conditions al la settlers, wherin the game is over as soon as it ends and there is no lengthy count-up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nexus Ops - win when you get to a certain victory point level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Boyll
United States
Kuna
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many games do and just about all Ameritrash games do. The games that don't tend to be Euro engine builders.

I think we need more information on what you are looking for to give a good recommendation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hawaka Winada
United States
Stornhelm
Rivenspire
flag msg tools
badge
Liberté has 2 different sudden death win conditions in addition to the normal 'most VPs at end of game' win condition, which does not require any end of game counting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.J. Dexter-Hitchcock
msg tools
What I'm looking for are euro engine builder and development games that do not have the usual "rack up as many VP's as possible" goal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
bjdexterhitchcock wrote:
What I'm looking for are euro engine builder and development games that do not have the usual VP track/chits.

Is money out too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.J. Dexter-Hitchcock
msg tools
It all depends. I'm not really objecting to VP's but just looking for games that end instantly without any accounting to do.
I'm sorry, I probobly phrased my query badly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation uses position-based winning conditions. If light gets Frodo into a certain space, light wins.

In 10 Days in the USA, the game ends instantly when someone has a legitimate 10-day trip planned.

In Pandemic (and Knizia's Lord of the Rings cooperative game and Ghost Stories), the game ends instantly when the whole team meets the winning (or losing) conditions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasabi! offers an instant win if a player completes all ten of their recipes. If no one completes all ten before the board is filled however, then you have to add up the total points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game comes to mind. There are four possible victory conditions, all of which are clearly tracked as the game progresses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You develop your civilization, eh, sort of, in Cyclades, and win as soon as you build 2 metropolises. Not a Euro though. Lots of killing each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyclades

But wouldn't you want to find out everyone place in Catan?

Also: A lot of games. Especially if all you care about is the winner, not how everyone did.
tumorous wrote:
Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game comes to mind. There are four possible victory conditions, all of which are clearly tracked as the game progresses.
I don't know where the euro-game ends though.. Guess Chaos in the Old World and Merchants & Marauders doesn't fit?

(Point or wheel = winner.
Point = winner.)

(And for Cyclades above two/three metropolis = winner.)

Guess you're after "tracking winning conditions as you go" and then someone win and no messy play until you're done check how you did afterwards... As in say Agricola.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Manhattan Project is a worker placement game that excels at everything. It has some direct interaction in the airstrike and espionage abilities, plus the game ends when a player is the first to reach X amount of points. Great game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune
Norway
Bergen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Taluva
Drakon (third edition)
The Resistance
Cosmic Encounter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Baricz
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Power StruggleTribune: Primus Inter Paresand

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.