Fortune and Glory: The Cliffhanger Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: WAR Zeppelin/Mob HQ/Hideout Escape rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neagu Florin
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Suppose that you fail the sneak test and you must fight some Nazis soldiers or Mobsters.

Do you have to defeat them all or you can also Escape some of them or all of them (during a fight round not between when the Escape is free) in order to be successful and destroy the Zeppelin/HQ/Hideout?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This question has come up a few times. I think it's a very important issue. The answer will have a huge effect on strategy for agility-based characters. But there is no official answer, unfortunately. I even emailed FFP on this but got no response.

Here is one of the threads discussing it: Can escaping lead to a successful infiltration of the Mobster hideout? It shows the arguments on either side, although there is still no official answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neagu Florin
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They really need to offer support for the games they sold.

It's a shame that this game came out in 2011 and there are still so many questions unanswered!

Flying Frog have to be noticed about that...

I tried to play this game last year but I postponed it because I had so many questions and decided to wait for some time until the rules gets clear.

But now that I got back to it, it seems that nothing has changed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, the website doesn't look like it has been updated since the game was released. Flying Frog doesn't appear to have a forum board for their games. They do have a Facebook page (loathe FB dropped it years ago) and a direct rules email list on their wiki.

http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index.php?title=Contact_In...

Let us know if you get an answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If the Hero successfully Sneaks through and/or defeats all Nazi Soldiers that disccover him...

Similar text appears for mob hideouts. I take this to mean you must defeat them all, if you Escape you simply get to, well, escape, sans reward.

I agree it's a shame they haven't stuck this in an FAQ, but I think the confusion comes from trying to apply rules for Dangers to things that are not Dangers, and the rules are actually unambiguous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you escape then you have not successfully Sneaked past or Defeated all the guards.

So, you could escape, but then you would not succeed in getting aboard the Zeppelin. The answer, therefore, is "No".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Zork
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agree with derek's point Plus you can escape for free between each guard. So, escaping is not enough to destroy the outpost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.