Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, All! Planning to play this Sunday for the first time at our game group. The only thing bothering me currently are the keys.

On p. 3 of the rulebook, it outlines a "Playing Keys" phase of the round. On p. 7 & in the Sequence of Play on the back cover, it states that "You may reveal a key at any time".

So I'm confused! Play them anytime or as the final step before determining the winner of a challenge? Or do BOTH somehow work?!?

Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
In general, they may be played anytime. However, certain Keys tell you exactly when to play them. The Keys that add 5 to your Strength says to play them after cards have been revealed.

The section entitled "Playing Keys" is only to alert players that this is your last chance to play a Key before the winner and 2nd Place is determined. It doesn't mean that is the only time you may play a Key.

So if a Key doesn't say when it should be played, you can play it anytime.
Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries, Matt! Your explanation makes perfect sense and, since this hasn't been asked before, it appears I was the only one who was confused!!! whistle

THANKS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.