Daryl Wilks
United States
Peshastin
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Love one another."
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I need a clarification on the plot quests that provide an additional X (fighter, wizard, intrigue card, etc...) when you take an action that provides Y. Is this triggered when you play an intrigue card that provides Y?

1 - Yes, because the action at Waterdeep allows you to play the card that gives you Y.

2 - No, because the Intrigue Card provides Y, not the action space.

Thanks,
Daryl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Kane
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
They'll tell you black is really white The moon is just the sun at night
badge
And when you walk in golden halls You get to keep the gold that falls It's Heaven and Hell
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAQ is at: http://wizards.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2233

It says:
Does playing an Intrigue card to gain resources count as taking an action to gain that resource (such as with Call for Adventurers)?

Yes.

There's more explanation on the page. Other people giving you the single adventurer when they play an intrigue card of that type does not count, nor do quest rewards that give you adventurers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
That's interesting, because I've been playing that a quest providing X counts as an action, since completing a quest is clearly marked as an action in the rulebook. The only things I had been discounting are the freebies on another players Intrigue card and owner bonus adventurers.

I guess that's something else to change. I noticed you remove the Ambassador from the board if unclaimed too. Played that wrong. Of course, we've only seen the Palace once in 10 games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daryl Wilks
United States
Peshastin
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Love one another."
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.