Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darian Tucker
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't received a game I ordered from them almost two weeks ago and I just wanted to talk to someone at the store and see what was up. In the past, I've always e-mailed them, but this is something I'd rather take care of over the phone. However, I've not been able to get in touch with a person there. Ever. I tried calling a couple times in the past when I wanted to inquire about specific products, but I always had to end up doing it through e-mail instead because they never called me back. Today has provided a similar experience.

Has anyone ever had any luck getting them to pick up the phone? If so, can you give me a particular date and time I should try at?

By the way, let me just also say that this store rocks. This is the only time I've ever had a problem with an order from them and I'm sure they'll take care of it without any hassle. Just wanted to make sure I threw that in there because I pretty much use them exclusively for all my gaming purchases and I think others should, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

Taking calls is much harder than it looks.

We have a chain store in the UK whose technicians can mend almost any problem with your computer but can't pick up a telephone. Never been able to figure that one out.

A few years ago the government told the Tax Office to answer the telephone in 30 seconds as one of their 'targets' (we love targets in this country). If they didn't answer it in 30 seconds they had failed to meet that target. However (I'm not making this up) if they didn't answer the phone at all, it didn't have to be included in their statistics.

I think you can guess what the result of this was...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konata
United States
Highlands Ranch
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I called them near their closing hours during the week and got a response twice now. They were nice and altered my order over the phone without difficulty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not since Grissom left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky Clayton
United States
Houston (Summerwood)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have called 4 to 6 times since last November and Cory answers every time. They have been great to help. CSI has always been great when I need to contact them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jill Reid
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska (NE)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I called regarding a problem with an order several months ago and got an answer from someone in their storefront. They told me all online order stuff has to be handled via email. To which, they did respond to my email fairly quickly, and told me they could not help me. But they were nice about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Converse
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had no problem changing an order last week over the phone...CSI's service tends to be somewhere between terrific and terrific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never had trouble calling them. Of course, I've seldom had any need to do so because they generally do a great job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they do. Anytime during their normal business hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
jill e gamer wrote:
I called regarding a problem with an order several months ago and got an answer from someone in their storefront. They told me all online order stuff has to be handled via email. To which, they did respond to my email fairly quickly, and told me they could not help me. But they were nice about it.

Thats surprising, I've called and changed online orders a couple of times.

In fact the last time was this sequence:

Place order online with a preorder.
Next Day send e-mail to add to order.
The Day after that I decided I didn't want to wait for pre-order so I Called on the phone to drop the preorder, add something else and ask for the sale price on one game that had gone on sale after my initial order.

Phone guy reponse, "Not a problem."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Mesina
United States
Bethel Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too have spoken to them, both to confirm that they had a "leap of death" promo for Snow Tails, and then when I called back to get them to send it because it wasn't packed with the order. So, for me, they have a track record of 2 for 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Sunkin
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
CSI: Cool Stuff, In Stock
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Darian,

I am very sorry we didn't answer the phone. Our office hours are 9 AM - 6 PM, Monday through Friday. About once a day during those hours we have a call roll though all our lines and go to voice mail. I think it's imperative a business answer their phone, even web businesses. This is why we have our phone number easily available online.

Could you email us with when you called so we can figure out what happened? If this happens again could you message me via BGG? Which I don't check every day, so please be patient.

Cory answered your email about 30 minutes ago. It seems that once your package arrived in your town it was then sent to Atlanta; they have come to their senses and sent it back to your town again.

Thanks for your patience and my apologies for any phone problems.

Jerry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Sunkin
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
CSI: Cool Stuff, In Stock
mbmbmbmbmb
jill e gamer wrote:

Sometimes customers call our brick and mortar stores in Orlando or Ft. Lauderdale with online store questions. Those employees are not trained to answer questions about the website, shipping status and the release dates of products for the online store.

They should not have told you to only email. We take dozens of calls a day on the online store side of the business. Emailing is a good idea though if we've gone home for the day. We answer all email within 1 business day.

Sorry that we couldn't help you out with your problem.

Jerry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darian Tucker
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CoolStuffInc.com wrote:
Hi Darian,

I am very sorry we didn't answer the phone. Our office hours are 9 AM - 6 PM, Monday through Friday. About once a day during those hours we have a call roll though all our lines and go to voice mail. I think it's imperative a business answer their phone, even web businesses. This is why we have our phone number easily available online.

Could you email us with when you called so we can figure out what happened? If this happens again could you message me via BGG? Which I don't check every day, so please be patient.

Cory answered your email about 30 minutes ago. It seems that once your package arrived in your town it was then sent to Atlanta; they have come to their senses and sent it back to your town again.

Thanks for your patience and my apologies for any phone problems.

Jerry

No worries. It came through as it was supposed to. Thanks for checking into that for me.

I wasn't trying to publicly call you guys out or anything. I was kind of surprised, though, that my calls ALWAYS go through to voicemail (I've called at least four times before). I guess I must be very unlucky.

Thanks for coming through on this! You guys are the best!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i have called CSI on a number of occasions and perhaps only once was the phone not answered. they are a great overall store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.