Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Shaw
United States
Swoyersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does Mooks power to add 1 to all goblin dice rolls affect himself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Moberg
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card that I have says "Taskmaster does not affect Mook" as the last line. So, no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Shaw
United States
Swoyersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks I'm only going off the iOS app right now and didn't see it there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Lademann
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although Mook doesn't boost himself he still seems to be overpowered in my recent plays.

Is it correct that he gives +1 to all dice rols of the cave goblins that are 1, 2 or 3 spaces away from him?

What if there is a wall or enemy between them? What if there are 3 goblins in a row in front of him. Do all of them get the boost?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matej S
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jester_dt wrote:
Although Mook doesn't boost himself he still seems to be overpowered in my recent plays.

Is it correct that he gives +1 to all dice rols of the cave goblins that are 1, 2 or 3 spaces away from him?

What if there is a wall or enemy between them? What if there are 3 goblins in a row in front of him. Do all of them get the boost?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Mook is a really great champion indeed and his ability work over the walls, influencing all goblins within 3 spaces of him. Common mistake though is to add +1 to the attack value and not to the die results. Mook can only improve the chance of hitting not the nuber of the dice rolled. I thought it's worth mentioning.

But even when played correctly he is strong, I agree.

EDIT: Looknig at the date of your post you've probably already found the answer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Lademann
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your answer. So far I only found out that a really strong champion means: as soon as you got him out, he is target number 1 for the opponent So it partly self-balances it seems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Blue
Slovenia
flag msg tools
The thing I dont get about this card is just this. Why did they write it like that. Why not simply write that he makes cave goblins in the range of 3 hit unless they roll 1

Kind of the same "problem" when there are two wordings being used for the following.

Hits if 4+
Hits on a roll of 4 or higher.

Isnt 4+ = 4 or higher? If it is just write it 4 or higher people 100% get that while some do wonder if 4+ includes 4 or not

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.