Popular Tags: [View All]
ad1642
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On page 10, section 3, 4th paragrah.

"A cavalry leader (a mounted leader) can inspire a unit in his hex and may also inspire friendly units in adjacent hexes."

My question is:
Does the leader need to be activated at all, or just the fact that he is there, adjacent to the unit I want to be inspired is enough?

For example, I play an "Order one unit left" card, I activate a Samurai infantry unit, I initiate close combat, the samurai unit is adjacent to a cavalry leader, can I benefit from a "Leader Inspired bonus" if I pay one H&F token?

thanks,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, as a comparison, in CCA, an adjacent leader gets you a much bigger bonus than SB, and all he has to do is be adjacent, not ordered. In SB you have to pay something for a much smaller benefit. I would be surprised if they have to be ordered also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alain, I'd say the answer to your question is 'yes.'

It is possible for units to be inspired when they Battle Back. In that case, neither the inspired unit nor the inspiring leader will be under any order.

So long as the inspiring leader and the inspired unit both meet the positional requirements and pay the honor token before the total dice are rolled, you're good to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ad1642
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok it makes sense now, didn't notice the battle back option. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
Well, as a comparison, in CCA, an adjacent leader gets you a much bigger bonus than SB, and all he has to do is be adjacent, not ordered. In SB you have to pay something for a much smaller benefit. I would be surprised if they have to be ordered also.

This is a rather odd thing to think about. In CC:A the leader always inspires. That makes perfect sense. Here the player has a choice whether or not to have the leader inspire with the reserve honor tokens they have accumulated. This leads me to believe that it's more of a game mechanic than an order. So, I agree that yes you can activate a unit next to a leader without the leader or unit the leader is attached to being ordered. It's the game players choice whether to have the leader inspire or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, you got to the same place anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
So, you got to the same place anyway.

Yes. A lot of extra thinking... The same end result... Seems to be a reoccuring pattern in my life... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.