tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013, hands down. It's not even close (sorry Colby!). It just offers so much more all around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, both are free to download so I'd say give them both a shot! Other than that I'd say it comes down to which underlying game you prefer, since both apps are very professional and excellent translations of their paper versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmb
What celiborn said.

I'd go with Magic if you want more solo play, and more SW if you want to play against your friends.I've played a lot of Magic since I got the app, but right now I am enjoying Summoner Wars a little more because I'm playing against some friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Spaulding
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I downloaded both - it's more about which do I invest the time in learning. I do prefer multiplayer games, and SW does seem a little easier to pick up, so I'll probably jump into that one to start with. I have to say, having fiddled around a little with both, they both seem kind of sluggish in terms of waiting for the computer to do stuff... but again, I've barely investigated either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmb
Magic is kinda slow, but that gives you time to interrupt and play instants or activate abilities.

I was told you can speed up Summoner wars in the settings. I haven't tried because I've only played a couple of solo games and have yet to get annoyed by it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.