Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to give some updates on how things are going. I am thrilled with how everything is coming along. I have switched most of the Abolitionist Cards to be icon based and they have been getting good feedback. We are now only 8 rounds, regardless of the number of players which has helped with play time, especially with four players.

The Abolitionist cards have also been split into the eras to give more historical flavor to the game. The negative events are not keyed to an age though, so they are mixed up throughout the ages to keep replayability higher and players on their toes.

Things are off with the artist, Jarek NocoĊ„, who is starting to work on the appearance of the game. I love his work with the other Academy titles, so I can't wait to see what he does with Freedom.

Right now the game is at Protospiel getting torn apart some more to help make it that much better. I can't speak highly enough about the event. Not only did it heindie find a publisher for my game, it gives the best play testing opportunities with fellow designers and publisher giving high quality, honest feedback to help make your design the best it could be.

If you will be at Gen-Con, I will be demoing the game a few days in the open gaming area so shoot me a geek mail if you are interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.