The Stars Are Right» Forums » Variants

Subject: Some tweeks to improve the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmb
Hi everyone,

so after discussions on the game's shortcoming here I thought of taking downstream and Jeffr0's suggestion and adapt them to the official rules in hopes of improving the game experience. So this is not a variant but hopefully a rule improvement. So here goes:

- As suggested, players should have the same number of turns. So instead of ending the game as soon as one player achieved 10VPs, the game would end after the full round, in which at least one player has reached 10VPs, has finished.

- When a round is finished once at least one player has achieved 10VPs, the game ends and the player with most VPs wins (obviously).

- In case of a tie: Should two or more players have the same amount of points at game end, game resumes until, after a full round, one player has more VPs than any other.

This last rule will have a problem, since the tableau is limited to 6 creatures, it might get difficult to outrun the opponents. So the suggestion is:

- For each GOO in your tableau, you may keep 1+ creature on tableau. So if you have 2 GOOs, you will be able to place up to 8 creatures onto your plateau.

This will obviously increase playing time, but will also enable players to better manipulate the stars to their liking, so this should compensate.

Appreciate your thoughts on this,
Pedro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Gee
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks good, but you've added some rules complexity just for the sake of a tie-breaker. Why not just use something simple like who ever has more higher ranked cards? Like if someone has more GOOs, they win, if that's a tie, compare Greater Servitors, etc.

When my partner don't tie often, but when we do we just call it a tie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmb
True, usually the simpler the better

I haven't tried the above posted ideas yet, and will likely be trying only next weekend. I'll try both ways. I just thought it would be interesting since the GOO comes into play often to get those 4 VPs you're missing for the 10, so you don't get to use them as often as that, this way maybe they would come into play as part of the action really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.