BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Board with Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for a fairly hard to find game, and a random google search sent me to an online game store called "Board with Games". I have never heard of it before and can't find any references to it on BGG, which is odd (maybe I haven't looked hard enough).

Has anyone dealt with them before? I found it kind of odd that they had a particular item in stock when nobody else does, so I wanted to check it out first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Blizzard
Canada
Salt Spring Island
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul, unfortunately I do not know the store you are mentioning. But curious what game you were looking for.

Dave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Email and ask if they truly have it in stock, and then if you order pay with Paypal. I don't have any experience with or knowledge of the store, but in the past when I've found games "in stock" via Google at unknown websites I have done the above... although it never got past the email step because it always turned out that the "in stock" was not correct. Don't post the game name until after you buy, so no one else takes it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd rather not say, simply because I can't find it in stock anywhere else and I don't want someone undercutting it from me while I investigate the site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow ... Do you really think someone would undercut u on buying something ??
So few will actually read this post and how many of those actually would be interested in the game you want?

Maybe I am just being Naive modestwow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gustafson
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
“The elements of good trading are: (1) cutting losses, (2) cutting losses, and (3) cutting losses. If you can follow these three rules, you may have a chance.” – Ed Seykota
mbmbmbmbmb
If you mention the game, you may find someone willing to sell it to you or trade with you. Just a thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate the sentiment, but yes, I think someone might do that. No, it isn't likely, but let's say that someone saw a grail game that goes for $100 on the secondary market on sale for $40. Is someone going to jump on that, or leave it for some anonymous guy on the Internet.

Let's just say that the market for the game is way above retail right now (though not as much as my hypothetical example).

Don't worry, I will share the game when I get my answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Johnson
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul,
First off, I've never heard of this store either.

But after having a similar quest(OOP memoir '44 exp.), I too went on a google search through many many online sellers and would come across sites that showed it in stock.

Usually I would add it to my cart and usually I would get an email the next day that there was a mistake and they didn't have it.
Finally I switched to calling stores that showed it in stock and eventually a bookstore in Washington popped up showing it in stock.

I called and yes they had it, in fact they had a few copies at msrp $20 when they were going online for $100.
So I ordered one and then posted the find and the rest were gone within 30 minutes.

My advice would be wait until tomorrow and call them and have them confirm the inventory for you before you order.

Good Luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
barbarianprince wrote:

Maybe I am just being Naive modestwow

Yep. Read through the Hot Deals forum sometime. There are plenty of people on here that buy things they aren't personally interested in if they are fairly sure they'll turn a profit on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is curious, I sent them an email asking about their stock and have not received a reply, which leads me to be happy that I did not place an order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.