Subject: On a dice throw are you required to use all of the results rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Theresa Porter

Bellingham
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Say --- I throw 2 lightning, 3 hearts and 1 attack. I am not in tokyo.

I collect the 2 cubes, heal three -- but do not want to attack the monster in Tokyo because I fear getting killed if I enter Tokyo if the current monster decides to leave.

Am I required to attack or can I just play the lightning and hearts ?

- Dorothy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
You shouldn't have rolled attacks then devil

More seriously: Aye, even if you try and reroll all the attacks you ever get, you can still be stuck attacking the guy in the middle. You have to use all the dice results. So sometimes it's better not to reroll a suboptimal result because the one face you didn't want didn't turn up, rather than rerolling and getting exactly the thing that'll kill you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Saucedo
United States
Federal Way
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All actions on the dice are resolved. You may choose the order but in your example you would be forced into Tokyo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theresa Porter

Bellingham
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Okay ... Not the answer I was hoping for (unless it is to the other monster's disadvantage). cry

Thank you very much for your answers.

- Dorothy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, hope for the best. I've seen a weak monster in Tokyo escape a beating. But what you really want is a Jet Pack. Easily one of the best cards in the game, it gives weak monsters a painless way to leave Tokyo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
mbmbmbmbmb
DevilDawg90 wrote:
All actions on the dice are resolved. You may choose the order but in your example you would be forced into Tokyo.

Well, you would be forced to attack Tokyo, but you would only have to enter Tokyo if the monster in the middle decided to leave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
DorothyMacaw wrote:
Okay ... Not the answer I was hoping for (unless it is to the other monster's disadvantage). cry

That's what happens when you're a giant, insane, rampaging monster, hell-bent on gaining the upper-hand on your adversaries. The radiation rage just spurs you to reach ascendancy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.