Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benoit Flageol
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
I own the second edition and there's no Bateaux Card for the french.

I know Martin Wallace changed the rule but he said that the french bateaux card (for people owning the 1st edition) should go in the Available Empire cards.

In my second edition, I can't even find this card.

Did he decide to remove it completly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it was removed. Honestly, I can't imagine any situation where the French would draft the bateaux, as they can simply settle one of several locations that give them a bateaux symbol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit Flageol
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
bigloo33 wrote:
Yes, it was removed. Honestly, I can't imagine any situation where the French would draft the bateaux, as they can simply settle one of several locations that give them a bateaux symbol.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luish Moraes Coelho
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually it already happened to me when playing at Yucata more than once.

If Quebec is fortified, Brits may choose to siege Trois Rivieres, which is usually weak. After losing it, all of the following cities are lost because they don´t have a connection with Quebec anymore, a player may not use their cards to anything. France may still have Tadoussac and Montreal with a boat on their cards to try to get TR back asap. That means if they are still owned, of course, because if the player had lost them too, there is not a single way to recover and rebuild the colonies anymore, since the bateaux card was removed from the deck. It becomes a dead end (literally?). I could not find a reason (thematic or not) to this card be removed from the game. When I play face to face, it remains on the empire deck. (I am glad I have the first edition).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.