Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leland Gross
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have found that with 4-6 players it the Commodities Exchange can get a little stagnant with all those dice crowding up the sheet.
(Yes, I said 6. We added another airship captain...actually we ditched all the old creepy dandy captains and made new player sheets and new game pieces with Uncharted Seas Miniatures on flying stands)

So we have devised two ways to deal with this...

1. Games of 4,5,or 6 players you roll only 2 dice for investments.

2. Games of 4 or 6 Players we make 2 player teams (we call them Guilds) and then you roll one set of 3 dice per team.

Hope this helps if you run into this same issue!
-Staticelf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris MacLennan
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done much the same. 2 dice for a 4 or 5 player games.

I dunno how you could bear to dump the bust miniatures though. They're lovely.

Ah well, each to his own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leland Gross
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They look good but an airship game is much more appealing when you get to move your airship around the board instead of the giant bust of an old guy. Also when I have new players pick a character they almost unanimously look through them and then say "these are all old guys where are the cool looking guys?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian White
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting ideas. Good ol' 'Geek, you think up a way to (possibly) improve a game, and sure enough, someone else has already thought of it ... and posted it!

How does the two dice variant play? And did you try three dice per player before two ..?

I like the theory, but especially in games with 4-5 players, there is stiff competition for all legal commodities, making the Black Market (especially) appeal to someone edged out of the legal market. And in this sense, being able to manipulate the market by adding multiple dice to an already saturated Class track just to heavily adjust the Black Market (and Sludge) tracks can be a good tactical move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.