Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Pattaya
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I want to use the Influence 4 on the Diplomacy card to make a "Cold Fire Block" in combination with other blocking cards in my hand, is this possible? If I understand correctly, I could choose "Ice" or "Fire" from the Diplomacy card & then make an inefficient block at half strength. Please confirm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your question is fairly confusing. You can't make a "Cold Fire Block" with Diplomacy. You can use Influence 4 to generate Ice Block 4 (or Fire Block 4, it doesn't matter which in this case), which will block 2 points of a Cold Fire attack. And generate the rest of the blocking that you need some other way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Esto wrote:
If I want to use the Influence 4 on the Diplomacy card to make a "Cold Fire Block" in combination with other blocking cards in my hand, is this possible? If I understand correctly, I could choose "Ice" or "Fire" from the Diplomacy card & then make an inefficient block at half strength. Please confirm.

Yes, if something is attacking you with a Cold Fire Attack, the Block from Diplomacy will be inefficient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Pattaya
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Your question is fairly confusing. You can't make a "Cold Fire Block" with Diplomacy. You can use Influence 4 to generate Ice Block 4 (or Fire Block 4, it doesn't matter which in this case), which will block 2 points of a Cold Fire attack. And generate the rest of the blocking that you need some other way.
This is what I was trying to determine ---- whether it was legal to use the Diplomacy card to block a Cold Fire attack (albeit at half strength in combination with other blocks from other cards). What puzzled me was whether Diplomacy needed a Fire or Ice attack in order to be utilized. Thank you for answering the question for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.