Subject: HKSW 21/7/2012 Meeting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
cheuk ki ho
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Photos of last meeting:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/media/set/?set=a.10151013...

After Action Report on last meeting:
http://www.kornhill-boardgame.org/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=382...

Event proposal for the coming meeting
WE SHALL HOLD OUR MEETING on 21 July, 2012 at Room 727-728 Kitek from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

For indication, we have the following games hosted (subject to amendment and cancellation by the organisers):

(A) Board Wargame
(1) Virgin Queen Tournament (organiser: Lawrence Ho) (OPEN FOR PARTICIPATION)
We shall play the Tournament scenario and the winner (only) will receive a trophy
Please let me know if you want to join this competition.
If we have 12 players, we shall set up two games and in that case, there will be two trophies for the winner and the runner-up.
Participants: Jimmy Chau, Tong Chi Wai, Lai Lap Wan, Chan Kai Biu, Thunder Wong,

(2) Red Dragon Green Crescent (organiser: Lawrence Ho) (OPEN FOR PARTICIPATION)http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/ ... n-crescent
http://modernwarmagazine.com/e-rules/
I shall bring along a copy of this game to the meeting for those who want to try it.

(3) Boardgame (organiser: Lawrence Hung)
Participants: Lawrence Hung and others

(4) Advanced Tobruk (organiser: Leo Wong)
Participants: Leo Wong, Kenneth Ho

(B) Miniatures Wargames
(1) 15mm DBMM (organiser: Ken Chan)
Neo Assyrian Empire and Later Latin/Early Roman.
Participants: Ken Chan, Alex Ho, Andrew Lam

(2) 15mm DBMM 240 practice games (organiser: Lawrence Ho, OPEN FOR PARTICIPATION)
Participants:
Please let us know if you also want to join our practice game.
Besides bringing my own army, Andrew Lam's army, I shall also bring an additional army for interested player to try the practice game.
You can also bring along your army on that day to participate in our test drive game.
Note: Andrew Lam may join our practice game after playing with Ken Chan and Alex Ho if he has time.

The game is fast paced and expect to be in combat as early as the 2nd bound. Since maneuver is fewer and luck may be a more important factor. This is more favourable to new comer for DBMM and thus they may have a better chance in fighting against experienced players.
The followings are some of the basic rules of DBMM240 (Pls refer to page 44 of the DBMMV2 rulebook).
1.-4. The army selection period is from 500BC to 475 AD (i.e. mainly Book 2 armies but some Book 1 or Book 3 armies covered the same period can also be used)
5. Army lists minimum and maximum are halved, as halved is the commanders bonus cost, e.g. Regular General costs 10AP instead of 20AP, Brilliant General cost 12AP instead of 25AP, and etc.
6. Each army can have a maximum of 3 commands.
7. Lists submitted must not exceed 240APs. Scale is 15mm.
8. Table size is 120cm wide x 90cm deep.
9. The number of terrain choice is reduced by 1, i.e. invaded can choose 0-1FE while defender can choose 1-3FE. Each player can choose only up to one 1 FE area feature. Other area feature must be in 1/2 FE size.
10. The no-deployment and skirmish zones are halved, i.e. from 20cm to 10cm. The deployment distance from the middle line is also halved, i.e. 6 cm and 10 cm respectively.
11. No night attack is allowed but weather and visibility rules are played as normal
12. The rules to be used are DBMM version 2.0 with any current official errata and clarifications. This is currently in the form of the Commentary available on the DBMM Forum.
13. Each game will last 90 minutes. The game will end immediately when one player lose more than half of the total ME of his/her army. Otherwise, the game always ends with the player moving second. If no army break before the time limit then the player who breaks more commands than it’s lost will win. If both players tie then the fewer ME lose win.

So Far the following members/friends have indicated that they are coming in this meeting:
13 members: Lawrence Ho, Ken Chan, Alex Ho, Andrew Lam, Jimmy Chau, Tong Chi Wai, Lai Lap Wan, Chan Kai Biu, Thunder Wong, Lawrence Hung, Christopher Chu, Leo Wong, Kenneth Ho
0 visitors:

TRAVELLING INFORMATION
KITEC Centre, Kowloon Bay, Kowloon
I would suggest you to go to the Mass Transit Railway (MTR) Station. Then travel by MTR to Kowloon Bay Station (about 40 minutes). Then you can either go there by the Shuttle Bus at Telford Plaza 2 (next to Kowloon Bay MTR Station) or travel by taxi (should be less than HK$40, about 10 minutes by taxi, about 15 minutes by shuttle bus, excluding the time waiting for the shuttle bus which is free of charge). The transportation information of HITEC can also be> found on its website: http://www.kitec.com.hk/eng/info_transport.html
Of course, you can travel by taxi directly. The venue itself is available on 12:30 but we usually arrive at 1:00 to 1:30.

Our Meeting schedules from June to Sep
Sat 21st July KITEC Meeting room 727-728,
Sat 4th August SOM,
Sat 11th August KITEC Meeting Room 727-728
Sat 1st September SOM,
Sat 22nd September KITEC Meeting Room 729-730

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cheuk ki ho
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Photos of last meeting:

WE SHALL HOLD OUR MEETING on 21 July, 2012 at Room 727-728 Kitek from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

For indication, we have the following games hosted (subject to amendment and cancellation by the organisers):

(A) Board Wargame
(1) Virgin Queen Tournament (organiser: Lawrence Ho) (OPEN FOR PARTICIPATION)
We shall play the Tournament scenario and the winner (only) will receive a trophy
Please let me know if you want to join this competition.
If we have 12 players, we shall set up two games and in that case, there will be two trophies for the winner and the runner-up.
Participants: Jimmy Chau, Tong Chi Wai, Lai Lap Wan, Chan Kai Biu, Sam Kwan, Simon Shum

(2) Red Dragon Green Crescent (organiser: Lawrence Ho) (OPEN FOR PARTICIPATION)http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/ ... n-crescent
I shall ask Christopher Chu to bring along a copy of this game to the meeting for those who want to try it.

(3) New Imperialism in China (organiser: Lawrence Hung)
Participants: Lawrence Hung, Angus Lee, Jerome Lai,
They are looking for 2 more members to join as it is best with 5 players. Please contact Lawrence Hung via Facebook or his email address if you are interested.

(B) Miniatures Wargames

(2) 15mm DBMM 240 practice games (organiser: James Cheung, OPEN FOR PARTICIPATION)
Participants: James Cheung, Christopher Chu, Philip Ngo, Lawrence Ho
Please let us know if you also want to join our practice game.
Besides bringing my own army, Andrew Lam's army, I shall also bring an additional army for interested player to try the practice game.
You can also bring along your army on that day to participate in our test drive game.
Note: Andrew Lam may join our practice game after playing with Ken Chan and Alex Ho if he has time.

The game is fast paced and expect to be in combat as early as the 2nd bound. Since maneuver is fewer and luck may be a more important factor. This is more favourable to new comer for DBMM and thus they may have a better chance in fighting against experienced players.
The followings are some of the basic rules of DBMM240 (Pls refer to page 44 of the DBMMV2 rulebook).
1.-4. The army selection period is from 500BC to 475 AD (i.e. mainly Book 2 armies but some Book 1 or Book 3 armies covered the same period can also be used)
5. Army lists minimum and maximum are halved, as halved is the commanders bonus cost, e.g. Regular General costs 10AP instead of 20AP, Brilliant General cost 12AP instead of 25AP, and etc.
9. The number of terrain choice is reduced by 1, i.e. invaded can choose 0-1FE while defender can choose 1-3FE. Each player can choose only up to one 1 FE area feature. Other area feature must be in 1/2 FE size.
10. The no-deployment and skirmish zones are halved, i.e. from 20cm to 10cm. The deployment distance from the middle line is also halved, i.e. 6 cm and 10 cm respectively.
11. No night attack is allowed but weather and visibility rules are played as normal
12. The rules to be used are DBMM version 2.0 with any current official errata and clarifications. This is currently in the form of the Commentary available on the DBMM Forum.
13. Each game will last 90 minutes. The game will end immediately when one player lose more than half of the total ME of his/her army. Otherwise, the game always ends with the player moving second. If no army break before the time limit then the player who breaks more commands than it’s lost will win. If both players tie then the fewer ME lose win.

So Far the following members/friends have indicated that they are coming in this meeting:
19 members: Lawrence Ho, Ken Chan, Alex Ho, Andrew Lam, Jimmy Chau, Tong Chi Wai, Lai Lap Wan, Chan Kai Biu, Lawrence Hung, Angus Lee, Jerome Lai, Christopher Chu, Leo Wong, Kenneth Ho, James Cheung, Christopher Chu, Philip Ngo, Sam Kwan, Simon Shum
1 visitors: Jacky Pheonix

TRAVELLING INFORMATION
I would suggest you to go to the Mass Transit Railway (MTR) Station. Then travel by MTR to Kowloon Bay Station (about 40 minutes). Then you can either go there by the Shuttle Bus at Telford Plaza 2 (next to Kowloon Bay MTR Station) or travel by taxi (should be less than HK$40, about 10 minutes by taxi, about 15 minutes by shuttle bus, excluding the time waiting for the shuttle bus which is free of charge). The transportation information of HITEC can also be> found on its website: http://www.kitec.com.hk/eng/info_transport.html
Of course, you can travel by taxi directly. The venue itself is available on 12:30 but we usually arrive at 1:00 to 1:30.

Sat 4th August SOM,
Sat 1st September SOM,

Looking for opponents
Victor Law has left the following messages at our Forum:
http://hksw.freeforums.org/want-opponents-in-summer-holiday-...
He would wanna to try these games:
L2 Design Group
Bitter Woods
Multi-Man Publishing
Where Eagles Dare/ The Devil's Cauldron: The Battles for Arnhem and Nijmegen
Afrika (second edition)
Storm Over Stalingrad
Any of Tactical Combat Series
Decision Games (I)
Axis Empires: Totaler Krieg!
GMT Games
Europe Engulfed
The Caucasus Campaign
Normandy '44
Roads to Leningrad
Ardennes '44
Fighting Formations
Avalon Hill
Advanced Third Reich/ Rise and Decline of the Third Reich

He'll be free until 6/8, please if you own these games and interest to play.
Interested gamer can contact him by posting in the forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cheuk ki ho
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Photos of last meeting:

(A) Board Wargame
(1) Virgin Queen Tournament (organiser: Lawrence Ho)
Participants: Jimmy Chau, Tong Chi Wai, Lai Lap Wan, Chan Kai Biu, Simon Shum, Lawrence Ho
Game start setting up at 12:00 p.m. Lawrence HO will bring along a copy of the game.

I shall ask Christopher Chu to bring along a copy of this game to the meeting for those who want to try it.
Participants: Cheung Kar Fai,

(3) New Imperialism in China (organiser: Lawrence Hung)
Participants: Lawrence Hung, Angus Lee, Jerome Lai,
They are looking for 2 more members to join as it is best with 5 players. Please contact Lawrence Hung via Facebook or his email address if you are interested.

(B) Miniatures Wargames

(2) 15mm DBMM 240 practice games (organiser: James Cheung, OPEN FOR PARTICIPATION)
Participants: James Cheung, Christopher Chu, Philip Ngo, Cheung Kar Fai, Lawrence Ho (who will only join after finishing the Virgin Queen and if time permits), Andrew Lam (who will only join as his second game)
Please let us know if you also want to join our practice game. James will bring along additional armies.

21 members: Lawrence Ho, Ken Chan, Alex Ho, Andrew Lam, Jimmy Chau, Tong Chi Wai, Lai Lap Wan, Chan Kai Biu, Lawrence Hung, Angus Lee, Jerome Lai, Christopher Chu, Leo Wong, Kenneth Ho, James Cheung, Christopher Chu, Philip Ngo, Sam Kwan, Simon Shum, Alex Lam, Cheung Kar Fai
1 visitors: Jacky Pheonix

TRAVELLING INFORMATION

Sat 4th August SOM,
Sat 1st September SOM,

Looking for opponents
Victor Law has left the following messages at our Forum:
http://hksw.freeforums.org/want-opponents-in-summer-holiday-...
He would wanna to try these games:
L2 Design Group
Bitter Woods
Multi-Man Publishing
Where Eagles Dare/ The Devil's Cauldron: The Battles for Arnhem and Nijmegen
Afrika (second edition)
Storm Over Stalingrad
Any of Tactical Combat Series
Decision Games (I)
Axis Empires: Totaler Krieg!
GMT Games
Europe Engulfed
The Caucasus Campaign
Normandy '44
Roads to Leningrad
Ardennes '44
Fighting Formations
Avalon Hill
Advanced Third Reich/ Rise and Decline of the Third Reich

He'll be free until 6/8, please if you own these games and interest to play.
Interested gamer can contact him by posting in the forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.