Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Prosser
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

Whilst I am aware of the Newcastle Gamers Group, are there any Game Groups in Sunderland? I know of a wargame group in Washington, but that's not really my interest.

If there isn't, i'd like to gauge how many people would be interested in one, as I have access to a free venue near the city centre.

Thanks for your time.

Dave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in Forbidden Planet, in Newcastle the other day, and I'm sure I saw an ad for Sunderland gamers - perhaps something to do with the uni - I didn't read the detail. I also saw an ad for a South Shields group. If you get something going in Sunderland be sure not to clash with the dates for Newcastle Gamers, then those of us who can't get enough gaming can attend both groups!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Prosser
United Kingdom
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi John, thanks for your response.

Yes, I came across the site http://stars.forumotion.co.uk/forum, but it's only for Uni students, or former students - neither of which I am and the forum doesn't give much away!

Also, the last thing I would want is to clash with the Newcastle Group! I just want to play games and since moving from Nottingham, my group has shrunk to me and my girlfriend.

I'll see how much interest there is in a Sunderland group and take it from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Wilson
England
DARLINGTON
Co Durham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Durham Wargames Group rents rooms 24/7 in Vane Tempest Hall, Gilesgate Community Centre on the old Sunderland Road out of Durham.

We boardgamers within the wargames group play on 1) the main group night - Thursday, 2) the 2nd and 4th Wednesday evening of each month and 3) all day on the 1st Sunday of the month (and other times if you wish and can book a table).

We mostly play 'eurogames' but occasionally move into some games with a bit of conflict, e.g History of the World, Civilization.

You would be most welcome to come along.

Charlie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smith
msg tools
It's not specifically a games group, but Xaos Games in Low Fell, Gateshead, generally has people around playing or happy to play board games Fri-Sun. The store owner's tastes are mainly Magic the Gathering and board games, so that's the focus there. Within the past month I've played Agricola, Twilight Imperium, Torres, Carcassonne, London and others there, so there's always stuff going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.