Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When will someone make this into an app for the iPad?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Seachrist
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tatsu wrote:
When will someone make this into an app for the iPad?

Or even a "groundbreaking game adaptation for Android tablets".

I have an iPad, and would love to see KB as an app added to the enormouse number of game adaptations I already own, but that doesn't stop me from feeling really bad for those who chose Android--although I warned as many as I could not to expect much love from developers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morgan
United States
Simi Valley
CA
flag msg tools
Hopefully never. I don't want electronic versions of board games taking over our hobby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
richiebabes wrote:
Hopefully never. I don't want electronic versions of board games taking over our hobby.

How will they "take Over" our hobby? IOS adaptations actually help sell MORE physical copies of the games and get the game played by more people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Roskam
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bearn wrote:
richiebabes wrote:

How will they "take Over" our hobby? IOS adaptations actually help sell MORE physical copies of the games and get the game played by more people.

You are absolutely right... I started with TTR on my iPad...now I have a closet full of cardboard!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bearn wrote:
richiebabes wrote:

Yep, it allows me to try out games that I wouldn't otherwise look at... (i.e. the game in question - I'd be interested in an app, but I have no desire to actually buy the game at this point).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be up for a KB iOS version. Sounds neat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morgan
United States
Simi Valley
CA
flag msg tools
Fair enough. I am just against electronic gadgets in general. I think it's because I am a computer programmer and I like to get away from computers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd really like a play-by-web version. Yucata.de should add Kingdom Builder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That'd be great too, but the Yucata guys have said repeatedly that they have no chance of getting Queen games to give their approval.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Kielly
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
because a central part of boardgaming is being physically present in a room with the other people playing it...ironically, like the author of the post you responded to, I am also a programmer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.