CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb

So it seems as the barrage of pre-election RSP threads is in full swing, and it looks like it'll get worse between now and November.

I have a feeling that it's going to become a lot more acerbic by that time, and there is going to be quite a lot of animosity between members of our collective. I already see it right now, and we still have 4 more months to go.

The question is Post Election, what are we going to do to rebuild those relationships...as fellow gamers, fellow hobbyists?

Maybe we need some sort of pact or agreement stating that whomever wins in November, that after that there may need to be some kind of armistice on discussion?

We are gamers and we leave the meta-gaming on the board, but after the dust settles we reflect, and proclaim a good game, no matter how hard the game was fought.

So I am soliciting ideas for ways of proper healing. Maybe we have one giant beer trade, or game trade... Like a secret santa, but without the secret. Maybe we can all send each other a care package to show that no matter the cultural differences we have, we still have a shared interest that bounds us together?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheriff WinchesterTides
United States
California
flag msg tools
Professor Xavier convinced Katniss to leave her home at 221B Baker Street. She jumped into the Impala shouting, "Allons-y!" .....
badge
.... to take The Ring down the yellow brick road, all through the black of the 'verse, to Narnia, to save the Enterprise from the Six-fingered Slytherin Sith.
mbmbmb
That's what the Feel The Love thread is for IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Group hug? gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
Hey, I'm not saying RSP'ers need to go full on circle jerk and join a whacko cult like Feel the Love *shiver*.

Just a moment to show everyone they are alright with each other in a sincere gesture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheriff WinchesterTides
United States
California
flag msg tools
Professor Xavier convinced Katniss to leave her home at 221B Baker Street. She jumped into the Impala shouting, "Allons-y!" .....
badge
.... to take The Ring down the yellow brick road, all through the black of the 'verse, to Narnia, to save the Enterprise from the Six-fingered Slytherin Sith.
mbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Hey, I'm not saying RSP'ers need to go full on circle jerk and join a whacko cult like Feel the Love *shiver*.

Just a moment to show everyone they are alright with each other in a sincere gesture.

Don't hate on FTL! laugh

And FWIW, people should always take this shit with a grain of salt. It's the internets. People will be jerks sometimes. But you can always disagree on something without hating each other. RSP should be where you come to vent or come to discuss certain topics. If people can't take it with a grain of salt, they shouldn't be here imo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
The best things in life aren't things.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is not enough salt.
The game never ends.
Threads get derailed and more often me-railed with tedious regularity so the posters I find interesting post less often.
And, as you say, 4 months to go.

Yay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
violintides wrote:
Don't hate on FTL! laugh

True. It makes us RSPers look much less perverted and bedlam than we really are.

MWChapel wrote:
Maybe we have one giant beer trade [...]

Nuh-uh. This would only lead to HavocIsHere and me having to bear the greatest share, because our countries actually have good beer, instead of putrid baboon piss water.

Actually, the US is like other countries when it comes to beer. Most of the good stuff is kept within its borders, while the crap is unloaded on unsuspecting foreigners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is "fuck that" too strong a sentiment to express with respect to your idea? If so, then everybody can get together to see how many ghost peppers they can eat after the election, and the winner is declared exempt from all future BGG suspensions and such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who doesn't like a good ghost pepper? I predict the winner eats two; three tops
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vincent
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not go to BGG.con and play some games with your nemesis? Although there's no guarantee there won't be any hurt feelings when I stomp everyone at High Frontier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
SabreRedleg wrote:
Although there's no guarantee there won't be any hurt feelings when I stomp everyone at High Frontier.

It wasn't the stomping, it was the pointing and laughing at misfortune which caused hurt feelings.

Although, to be fair, that really couldn't be helped. Darilian: [Solar flare fries expensive piece of equipment halfway out to Callisto or wherever] "Dammit, my entire plan is wrecked! Well, wait a minute... I could leave my dead ship drifting out here, build a replacement piece & a new rocket back on Earth, fly it out here, and then pick up where I left off... that'll put me about ten turns behind, but at least I'll be beating Rusty..." [Ten turns later] "Finally, my ship's back in one piece, next turn I'll be back in the game!" [Solar flare fries the same expensive piece of equipment again]

You can't not laugh at that. It's practically the definition of comedy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:

You can't not laugh at that. It's practically the definition of comedy.

That is hilarious. I would probably show how funny I thought it was by flipping the table and punching a few people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Always bring a gun to a puppet fight
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
OverText is totally worth 100 units of imaginary, worthless currency
badge
What the Hell else am I supposed to do with GeekGold?
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry about me. I don't have any feelings.

Also, if you're experiencing long-time butthurt from RSP, you're puny and weak and stupid and will be culled first in the zombie apocalypse, which I have tentatively scheduled for Jan. 8. 2013.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mistermarino wrote:

What about my failure to finish replying to a single one of your GeekMails since last November? That's got to sting a little.

What I was going to say in my replies was, thanks, I'm glad to hear I was so far from the worst imaginable roommate, and no, I don't know what happened to the bag of cash & peanut butter cups you say you had packed under your underwear. Or maybe you never mentioned the peanut butter cups--anyway, my point is, I don't know anything about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Where do I complain if my feelings are not hurt? I'd feel cheated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

So I am soliciting ideas for ways of proper healing.

Who the fuck hacked Chapel's account?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There is no Dana, only Zuul
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mistermarino wrote:

*shakes bag*

O RLY?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xilan wrote:

I hope that’s shadow as opposed to oil leeching out of the chocolate into the paper. I don’t like additional visual evidence of how unhealthy I’m eating. I already have to see myself naked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.