Dan Hodges
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Hi Guys,

OK, two bits of good news.

First is we've finally got Special Branch to declassify some of their files on those residents of Birkham Stokes who were regarded as “subjects of interest” in the run up to the Invasion, and I’ve stated editing them and inserting them into the Intelligence Booklet. Obviously there are still some sensitivities surrounding the identity of the sleeper agent ‘Chaplin’, but they give a really interesting extra insight into the personalities of the defenders.

The second is that Mark has tweaked the map a little bit, and we’ve now got cows. Solid, English dairy-cows. The invaders don’t have a prayer.

Still slow going, but the play-balance issues have been sorted and most of what I’m working on now is primarily cosmetic, so hopefully with the summer months coming up things will be a bit quieter and I can get things wrapped by the start of autumn.

Dan

p.s. Do check out those cows…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Swift
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update... Going to check the cows now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hodges
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
...they're great cows...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A most anticipated purchase..cows and all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A map that contributes to global warming!

Dairy say that it looks good. Not quite bacon good but you can still milk that image for all its worth if we can get it to the front page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Workman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
> Solid, English dairy-cows. The invaders don’t have a prayer.

Not sure I understand. Do you intend to unleash the cows on the Gerries (a tactic I'm not sure is permitted by the Geneva convention), or stand behind them and use their 'stopping power' as a shield?

What I mean to say is, are these cows offensive or defensive?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Johnson
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks quite a defensive formation in the picture - unless the villagers are hiding out in the barn and using the cows as a spearhead to rush out (well, maybe not rush, these are cows after all) and break through the German lines?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
The English Dairy Cow is quite inoffensive. The Scottish Aberdeen Angus on the other hand...

Jim
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huw Barton
United Kingdom
Leicester
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trojan Cows

Well, the Germans used fake horses to fool the Allies that their airfields were really quiet farmsteads. Maybe a few fake bovines as a deception also has its uses? Rigged to explode on milking?

http://www.war44.com/secret-war-resistance-espionage-during-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hodges
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
...between you and me they aren't cows at all. They are members of the Home Guard dressed as cows. Covert cows if you will...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danielhodges wrote:
...between you and me they aren't cows at all. They are members of the Home Guard dressed as cows. Covert cows if you will...
Well, the Russians used mine dogs, so why not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Migliore
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
danielhodges wrote:
Well, the Russians used mine dogs, so why not?

Yes, indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.