Subject: Extra dice sets? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Poland
flag msg tools
badge
I'M TRAPPED IN AN OVERTEXT FACTORY SEND HELP
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tell me there's talk of selling extra dice sets like for Descent 1. I hate to roll dice tainted by heroes' hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I certainly hope so, although there has been no mention of it yet. Seeing how fast they sell out of 1E dice when they get them, I think it's a safe assumption that they know there is a market for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have a MSRP of $79.99, and come with a free copy of the rest of the components of Descent 2nd edition!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just goto FFG's website and check the Descent 2ed section. They already have extra dice sets listed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracky wrote:
Just goto FFG's website and check the Descent 2ed section. They already have extra dice sets listed.

Where? Not finding it on the store or the game page (yes, I'm sure I'm just missing it, but its not obvious).

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...
Products page for second edition

http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/showproducts.cfm?Step=1&...
Shop page for 2nd edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tucker
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Greetings!
badge
Greetings!
mbmbmbmbmb
I only see 1st edition and road to legend dice sets right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Burke
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's nothing listed there but check the forum because there is a thread for those interested to let it be known so FFG can get some type of idea for how popular these would be. Apparently the OP of that thread asked an FFG rep at Realms of Terrinoth whether or not they would do dice and they said they would consider it based on the market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Duke
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree they're not completely necessary but an extra set or two will make the game much faster. Everybody needs the blue die on their turn and during the heroes turn the defense dice get passed back and forth often because of the high defense monsters and the skill checks mostly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Gee
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the second edition dice different from 1st edition? If not, you could buy the extra sets available for that edition. The style is a bit different, but as long as the dice are identical in sides, it should be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
paco62 wrote:
Are the second edition dice different from 1st edition? If not, you could buy the extra sets available for that edition. The style is a bit different, but as long as the dice are identical in sides, it should be fine.

They're not the same - don't buy a 1st edition set expecting them to work for 2e.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Sidener
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I wrote a quick dice roller for second edition for the iPhone so everyone I play with would not have to share the dice. I posted it on the app store if anyone else wants to use it. Its called Descent iDice. I would much rather have more physical dice but until FF makes them available this app works for me. Oh and its free.

Newtsdad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
I downloaded it from the app store and I really like your implementation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Sidener
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Thanks. If you need to re-roll a dice you can tap the ones you want to keep and it will lock them until you pick a different attack type or tap them again to unlock.

Newtsdad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Davis
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:
They have a MSRP of $79.99, and come with a free copy of the rest of the components of Descent 2nd edition!

BRAVO! Touche'! !

EDIT: Actaully, on amazon.com it is currently $54.00 for the dice set (and the other superfluous parts) - hmmmmm - would one be able to sell off the extra parts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liquid Wolf
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Newtsdad wrote:
I wrote a quick dice roller for second edition for the iPhone so everyone I play with would not have to share the dice. I posted it on the app store if anyone else wants to use it. Its called Descent iDice. I would much rather have more physical dice but until FF makes them available this app works for me. Oh and its free.

Newtsdad

Love the app! Did you advertise this in another post yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ability to re-roll a specific die (rather than locking a die) might be handy. Otherwise great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.