Popular Tags: [View All]
Knut Krummnacker
Germany
Kürten
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I understand the rules the MACV platoon may help any company as long as it does not move outside the MACV zone or adjacent zones. But it may help attacking a zone even two zones away from the MACV zone as a support fire unit without any possibility of entering the enemy zone after combat.

So if A1/1 1st platoon attacks the Joan D'Dark Highschool from adjacent to MACV zone C, and the MACV platoon is the supporting unit from the same zone and I roll 13 as an event (civilians - move the assault unit to the jump off zone after combat) there will be no US platoon in the enemy zone after combat and the zone is not under my control. Right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knut Krummnacker
Germany
Kürten
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the answer on consimworld:

Quote:
(...)
3.)The MACV platoon is in Zone C. It attacks into the Jeanne d'Arc High School as the assault platoon. May it advance into the high school after the first round? The rules say the MACV platoon can only move into zones adjacent to the MACV complex, and the High School is not ... but technically this is combat, not movement. So, what's your judgement?

The MACV Platoon can notattack the Jeanne d'Arc High School alone. Because, when you attack, you have to assault the zone (trying to enter the attacked zone). Ok ? But the MACV platoon can still support this attack if another platoon is assaulting this zone.

So yes, the MACV can support two hexes away but can't enter the hex.
The Civilian event would prevent an end fight even with both normal units I think.

Edit: the civilian event is also clarified on consimworld:

Quote:

The answer is : the ombat is not mandatory over, you can begin with a 1st round if you wish. If the NVA unit is eliminated in the roll triggering the event, treat it as "no event".

I will add this to the errata.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.