GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,203 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG General

Subject: GG for loading pictures into BGG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been searching the web for pictures not in BGG. I don't want any more microbadges, nor an avatar. I'm sitting on 400 GG now, so I don't want any more GG except to give it away as tips.

If I posted games to a geeklist and gave a link to where the pictures could be found, do you think new members would do the leg work to ask permission, download the pictures, and put them into BGG?

My idea was to have one member comment "I'll take it..." on geeklist item. That way several geeks wouldn't be asking the same person for pictures. When they finish they should add comment "Done.."

I'd also hope that this would stop several members who are reducing the size of images from eBay and adding them to BBG. Most of the reduced size images are not legible, and many times the original image on eBay is fully legible. I wouldn't dare ask a seller to use his pictures though after some Geekster had taken them and loaded them into BGG at a reduced size without permission.

-----

I really don't want to start a discussion on ethics. I do want good pictures. To me the hunt is more fun than doing all the leg work for the GG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Think some newbies would really work for GG?
What the heck.... added geeklist

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/144438/gg-for-loading-pict...

Let's see if it works...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.