United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Professor, isn't it time for your nap?
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received this game, and when I took an inventory of the pieces (I do this with every game I get) I noticed that there were only 20 amulets (supposed to be 21) and 16 white cubes (should be 17).

Can anyone tell me if this could possibly hinder the game? If it would, I'll just have to make replacement pieces.

I've contacted Rio Grande Games to see if they might be able to send me the missing pieces, but if they don't, is that a bummer, or do you rarely use all of the amulets and cubes in a game???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Sandmanx82 wrote:
I just received this game, and when I took an inventory of the pieces (I do this with every game I get) I noticed that there were only 20 amulets (supposed to be 21) and 16 white cubes (should be 17).

Can anyone tell me if this could possibly hinder the game? If it would, I'll just have to make replacement pieces.

I've contacted Rio Grande Games to see if they might be able to send me the missing pieces, but if they don't, is that a bummer, or do you rarely use all of the amulets and cubes in a game???

I don't recall if there was a typo on the number of amulets or not. It shouldn't affect game play unless people are hoarding them. Three new ones go out every turn so it will take until Turn 7 for no one to have spent any for it to start being a problem. If it is, just use a substitute as I don't think these are limited in any way.

There are not enough cubes to place on the board from the very beginning anyways. So you need for 2-4 clues to resolve so that the area is small enough to start placing cubes. So being one short is not critical at all. In fact, you'll see quickly to wait as long as possible before placing cubes so even at 16, you have more than you really need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:

I don't recall if there was a typo on the number of amulets or not. It shouldn't affect game play unless people are hoarding them. Three new ones go out every turn so it will take until Turn 7 for no one to have spent any for it to start being a problem. If it is, just use a substitute as I don't think these are limited in any way.

There are not enough cubes to place on the board from the very beginning anyways. So you need for 2-4 clues to resolve so that the area is small enough to start placing cubes. So being one short is not critical at all. In fact, you'll see quickly to wait as long as possible before placing cubes so even at 16, you have more than you really need.

Thanks so much for the response. That makes me feel a bit better. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight knowing that two pieces are missing, but at least it doesn't seem to hinder the gameplay except on the rarest of occasions.

Thanks Brian

Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. You will not miss those pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
Luckily, RGG - which is an awesome company - is sending me my missing pieces, no questions asked!

Thanks again for the reassuring feedback, guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Three new ones go out every turn so it will take until Turn 7 for no one to have spent any for it to start being a problem.

This is incorrect.

New amulets are placed each time a treasure is raised, and you may end up placing less than three if the spaces where amulets appear already have amulets on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
EitherOrlok wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Three new ones go out every turn so it will take until Turn 7 for no one to have spent any for it to start being a problem.

This is incorrect.

New amulets are placed each time a treasure is raised, and you may end up placing less than three if the spaces where amulets appear already have amulets on them.

Been a while since I played. I just knew that they go out in groups of 3 (and could be less if they are already out - which makes them last even longer).

My main point, however, was stating "this isn't an issue." This wasn't a rules question, just a component check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.