Subject: The Guns of Gettysburg @ Spiel 2012, Essen? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
Stuttgart
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if The Guns of Gettysburg will be playable @ Spiel 2012, Essen.
Should i visit the Histogame booth to get a peek at The Guns of Gettysburg?

Please give me good news, people!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Fromme
Germany
Freising
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That alone would more than justify a flight to Essen.

Sounds far too good to be even remotely true though soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure it's not. The designer's diary has been silent for months. The last entry explained some medical problems he was dealing with and stated that negotiations with the printer had fallen apart.

I assume the game is on hold for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scipio O.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just under a year from now is the 150th anniversary of the battle. That might make a nice release date. If we have to wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sheely
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well poop. I was SOOOO excited that some official tidbit of news would be lurking in this thread.

Back to waiting. If I am playing this game before Christmas 2013, I will be delighted!

I am perfectly happy to wait for a perfect, polished gem of a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Stuttgart
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man or Astroman wrote:
I am perfectly happy to wait for a perfect, polished gem of a game.

frankly: me too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just hope Bowen Simmons is doing ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom Goodsell
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Colorado_Jeff wrote:
I just hope Bowen Simmons is doing ok.

Agreed.

There was some discussion a while back of a local gamer contacting Bowen to see if he was alright, and (a bit more selfishly) to see if there was anything we fans could do to help with the game business side of things. Did that ever happen? Does anyone here know Bowen IRL?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sheely
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure the last thing he wants is a bunch of random dudes knocking on his door - although helping package/ship games for free would not bother me a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Tete Montoliu - Tootie's Tempo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Galego wrote:
There was some discussion a while back of a local gamer contacting Bowen to see if he was alright, and (a bit more selfishly) to see if there was anything we fans could do to help with the game business side of things. Did that ever happen? Does anyone here know Bowen IRL?

Bowen still reads the folders here - you can see from his profile that he logged in today. He posts when he has something to say. I have no doubt that he read the thread where people were offering to help, and would have contacted them if he had been interested in pursuing that avenue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom Goodsell
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair observations on both counts. It certainly wasn't my intent to tell Bowen what he should or shouldn't do, for his health or for his games. I shall continue to hope that he's well, and hope for an eventual release of Guns of Gettysburg if and when he's ready.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be frank, I get the impression Bowen had run out of steam for this project, moved on to his East Front game and then the health issues crept into it. I won't be surprised if we never see a commercial release of Guns of Gettysburg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cornjob wrote:
To be frank, I get the impression Bowen had run out of steam for this project, moved on to his East Front game and then the health issues crept into it. I won't be surprised if we never see a commercial release of Guns of Gettysburg.

NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

thumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdownthumbsdown

NNNNNOOOO!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cornjob wrote:

That would be the suckiest thing that ever sucked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UniqueRabbit wrote:
cornjob wrote:

I would be disappointed, too, but things have been pretty quiet for a long time now. Its just starting to seem more and more plausible that this one never gets that final push. Someone had to say it first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Simmons
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cornjob wrote:
UniqueRabbit wrote:

I would be disappointed, too, but things have been pretty quiet for a long time now. Its just starting to seem more and more plausible that this one never gets that final push. Someone had to say it first.

I don't think there is any scenario where it doesn't come out. The state of the design is not an issue. It is completed and is a very good game. (I think.) The issues have been related to my physical ability to handle it the way I've handled my past games. I have several possible solutions to this and hope for a resolution soon, which would send the game directly to the printer.
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bowen wrote:
UniqueRabbit wrote:
cornjob wrote:

I don't think there is any scenario where it doesn't come out. The state of the design is not an issue. It is completed and is a very good game. (I think.) The issues have been related to my physical ability to handle it the way I've handled my past games. I have several possible solutions to this and hope for a resolution soon, which would send the game directly to the printer.

Good news right from the horse's mouth!

Not that you in any way resemble a horse. Even if you did it would be rude to point that out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bowen wrote:
cornjob wrote:
UniqueRabbit wrote:

That's great news, Mr Simmons. I hope your health is improved, or at least manageable.

I have to admit, my post was meant in part as a bait in hopes you'd weigh in since we'd heard nothing for quite a while. :) I wanted to be told I was wrong by the authority on the matter. Now, I just hope you can find a workable solution to getting the game to market. You have lots of fans that are eager to move from Napoleonics to Gettysburg!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel J
United States
Iowa City
IA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Open my window and a breeze rolls in...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Leeds
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UniqueRabbit wrote:
bowen wrote:
UniqueRabbit wrote:
cornjob wrote:

Good news right from the horse's mouth!

Not that you in any way resemble a horse. Even if you did it would be rude to point that out.

At least, if he looks like a horse, he can mount an attack by road...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom Goodsell
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update, Bowen, and I sincerely hope your health is improving. I'm going to take this opportunity to come right out be admit something, here. Much as I like Napoleon's Triumph (and I like it a lot), the main reason I bought it was to move inventory in the hopes of getting Guns of Gettysubrg produced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Stuttgart
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Galego wrote:
Thanks for the update [...] and I sincerely hope your health is improving.

dito
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Fromme
Germany
Freising
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fatgreta wrote:

At least, if he looks like a horse, he can mount an attack by road...

Nonono, you definitively do not want this...

bowen wrote:

I have several possible solutions to this and hope for a resolution soon, which would send the game directly to the printer.

...to be a feint wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

The key to this whole thread is the question mark at the end of the title...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicklas Roman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to hear that this is still coming. Only game I know that will be must-buy for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.