Hide
4 Posts

Catan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rotative starting turn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Misterio
msg tools
Hi. Is the starting turn rotative between players?

For example:

- Player A starts the game, then is the turn of player B, etc

Once all the rounds had finish, the player who has to roll the dice is Player B?

I'm asking because, if the last player has the Monopoly card, it is never useful, because all other player could have been used all of the resource cards.

Furthermore, a Monopoly card on a first turn player hand is extremely useful.

The difference between both situation is huge.

A rotative starting turn could be the solution.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no "rounds". A rolls the dice and takes his turn. Then B. Then C. Then D. Then A again. Then B again. Etc.

You have something very wrong with the rules I think, but I'm not sure what.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no "rounds" in Settlers. Every player takes their turn in order, and each player's turn is the same (simplified here):

1) Roll
2) Receive resources
3) Build/Trade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Watne
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Good times.
mbmbmbmbmb
Player rotation is fixed. However, I think you might be missing something if you are experiencing this problem.

Each player rolls the dice at the beginning of their turn, and therefore every player has the potential to receive new resources during any player's turn.

Player A rolls, and all players get paid who are on those numbers. Player A then takes his turn, trading and building and playing any cards he chooses. Then Player B rolls and all players get paid, and then B takes his turn, etc.

Therefore, it doesn't really matter where you are in the rotation regarding a Monopoly card, because you have essentially the same chance as anyone else of having it pay off for you. The real way to use it is to wait until you roll a number that pays another player very well in a resource you need, and then to play the card and steal all of it.

I hope that helps. Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.