Popular Tags: [View All]
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
If I used pawns from another risk set? Or are there some packets that might run us aground?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
You could make it work.

But I don't know if it would be a good idea. There is barely enough room on the map for five players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
A Risk Legacy faction is more than just pawns. At a bare minimum you'd want this sixth faction to have a starting power, just like the other factions do. And you notice those spots on faction cards for more powers/scars as the game progresses? What if the game only provides enough to cover the included factions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
You could use one of the unused powers from the other factions for a starting power.

There are ways to make everything else from in the packets work too. It would take some adjustments on the fly sometimes. But it's doable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis "Moped" Sell
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
I for one welcome our new computer overlords.
badge
Excuse me while I go put out some fires, literally. -ENC Matt Paniczko
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been brought up before. without revealing spoilers, there are parts of the game that expect you to have 3-5 players and going over this number would break those elements of the game. That being said, if you are willing to read spoilers, check out these threads:

NOTE: These threads (including titles) contain spoilers. Reader discretion is advised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
We are lucky that we always have the same 6 show up.
I was thinking one could sit out, but maybe one team could have two people in it (one person usually runs late). But then if games truely do run a half hour or so, maybe they could switch out...
thanks for the threads!

Yeah I figured about using my risk 2012 guys and just copying a card from mechs and using the other unused sticker. but later in the game there might be some craziness that occurs.

maybe an expansion might add one. I think we'll hold off and make do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.