Popular Tags: [View All]
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically had a question regarding the adventure modules and the encounter cards can the adventure modules be played with the expansion encounter cards mixed into the encounter deck? One says use the encounter deck from the base game. But would it really hurt to mix all the encounter cards together?

Also I have mixed all the encounter cards together from the two expansions after the base game and was wondering if this was a bad choice or not?

And is there anyway to tell which cards belong to which expansion I couldn't seem to tell just by looking at them real quick?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From the creator:

So, first off - heck, yeah! Mix all your encounters from every expansion to play the game. That is what keeps the game fresh and replay high.

Nope, there are no markings on the cards to distinguish the sets, but my website has a gallery that lists all the creatures by artist if you ever really want to know. But they were intended to be mixed, so I never bothered marking them.

Now, to your real question... the Adventure Modules.
All you really need to play is the base set. But each book tells you what sets I've drawn content from. Not to worry though, if you don't have that set, the cards or stats of the creatures, events and relics are printed inside the book. I even note which set the creatures come from (in case you don't have that set and might want it after playing the encounter).

But - the Adventure Modules will tell you exactly what you encounter and how each operates in that scenario. Sometimes it varies from the actual card if the narrative needed it, for more variety. So you won't have many 'random encounters' in a module.

Hopefully, that answered your question. If not, let me know.

Curt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see, I didn't read ahead in the adventures, I just assumed they were all random encounters. Thanks for the response. It's awesome when the designers respond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.