Might & Magic Heroes» Forums » General

Subject: Lets talk about fight mechanics. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dovydas Tutinas
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mb
Hey guys, what do you think about fight mechanics? How it will look? From this image: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1358222/might-magic-heroe... we can see that creatures have they combat strength, moving points and special abilities. So if they have moving points so maybe fighting will be on other board like in pc game? where you will move you creatures and fight? That would be awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Fernandez
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
that maybe is an iniciative of some kind, since the computer calculations could be overwhelming for a boardgame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Swierczek
Poland
Krakow
Malopolska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As per my knowledge it is initiative. Heroes move on the board and command armies (Leadership that is last stat on the hero card governs that)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PaweĊ‚ Menio
Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is initiative track. All units that take part in combat are placed according to their initiative. Then the fight starts from unit with highest initiative and go to the unit with lowest initiative.
As you can see all units have fighting strength and some units have special abilities. Fighting strengths and size of the unit decide how many dices they roll during their attack.
In case of fight between player and NPC/wild monster player on the left or right (I don't remember) decide what units wild monsters attack.

Fight goes quite smoothly, it's easy and it recreates original fight quite well. Of course you lack strategy since you can't position your troops on battlefield but it would slower the game significantly in my opinion so it's for the best.

Also army composition for each hero is really important. At least it was in the demo I played
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.