United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here, move along
badge
Need to put something witty here
mbmbmbmbmb
These type of comments have really put me off getting this.

Shame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ducer wrote:
These type of comments have really put me off getting this.

Shame.

Me too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burke
England
Newcastle (aka Geordie Land)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't let my comments stop you if you like the game just be prepared to get some of your dice replaced or put up with some average quality dice. Actually some of the dice are really good but then some are really bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of, what?, 40 die, 2 of them are of lesser quality in my set. Every other dice is of great quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rashktah wrote:
Out of, what?, 40 die, 2 of them are of lesser quality in my set. Every other dice is of great quality.

Depends how picky you are; in my set there were only a few which were warped, but over 14 which incomplete paint on all the faces (and the replacement dice were pulled from the same pool which also had some paint issues).

I would wait for a future printing (if it ever happens) or make sure the retailer is willing to crack open another box and swap dice is any in the initial set are bad. My copy of the base Quarriors game was great paintwise as was the previous expansion; They clearly haven't figured out the paint on this set which doesn't make alot of sense to me. Clearly the low bid in this case was not the better value for the consumer/manufactorer;

I like the game alot; I just have alot of gripes about quality control (which is absent)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I expect some defects with the dice, so it isn't as much of a turn-off it once was. As long as I can read them.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burke
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
I expect some defects with the dice, so it isn't as much of a turn-off it once was. As long as I can read them.

-Ski

Maybe I set my expectations high but I just can't see how a company that creates board games can't get their components right. To me they even had the base game as a rough guide of fixing the initial issues and should have the quality down to a t.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Drittz wrote:
Teamski wrote:

-Ski

Maybe I set my expectations high but I just can't see how a company that creates board games can't get their components right. To me they even had the base game as a rough guide of fixing the initial issues and should have the quality down to a t.

With what little I know of production over in China, you get what you pay for. QC issues like this tell me they went the cheap route. Quality is dependent on the factory that produces the item. The less you pay them, the poorer the quality.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burke
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
Drittz wrote:
Teamski wrote:

-Ski

With what little I know of production over in China, you get what you pay for. QC issues like this tell me they went the cheap route. Quality is dependent on the factory that produces the item. The less you pay them, the poorer the quality.

-Ski

For the amount they charge for their games they shouldn't be squeezing every last penny out of their customers in cutting corners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Drittz wrote:
Teamski wrote:
Drittz wrote:
Teamski wrote:

-Ski

-Ski

For the amount they charge for their games they shouldn't be squeezing every last penny out of their customers in cutting corners.

Well, I think it comes down to the cost of plastic that has steadily climbed, causing cuts in relative quality. Just a guess.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burke
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of my dice are smaller than the rest. Has anyone else got this issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Epp
Canada
Abbotsford
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my copy & was pleased to see that the die were of similar quality to the Rise of Demons expansion (better etching, clearer paint & LARGER #'s)! I missed the pre-order, but got in on a later printing run, so maybe they changed it up mid-way? Either way, I'm super excited!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Baker
United States
Circle Pines
MN
flag msg tools
badge
Hnaarr oorrawarr!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was also pleased with the quality of these dice in comparison with the quality of the base game. Although my gnome dice didn't have the protective matte varnish sprayed on them, that was a simple fix as I did it myself, and they look and feel no different than the other dice.

As much as they mass produce these dice, I wasn't surprised that they came a little misprinted with paint, although, that was a simple fix as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered replacement for 5 dice. I hope they won't make a fuss out of it that I can't hand over a receipt. It was a christmas gift.
When I asked replacements for the basegame dice (12 really bad dice) they didn't ask for a receipt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Drittz wrote:
Some of my dice are smaller than the rest. Has anyone else got this issue?

I noticed this with my recent purchase of the 2nd edition base game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.