Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stagger lee wrote:
Akado wrote:
stagger lee wrote:
BTW, if anyone likes Mexican drinks... Centro has fantastic tacos, chips, guac, and Mezcal tasting flights. Absolutely our favorite place to chill and get our grub on these days.

http://mspmag.com/eat-and-drink/foodie/sneak-peek-centro-tac...
That looks amazing. And close by work...

We love it. And during summer it's just a short walk down to MN Nice Cream which is a super fun desert place. I really think this area is going to become very popular for hip food/drink in the next year or two as it's already got two breweries and plenty of potential development space.

Any place you hang out has to be hip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
stagger lee wrote:
Akado wrote:
stagger lee wrote:
BTW, if anyone likes Mexican drinks... Centro has fantastic tacos, chips, guac, and Mezcal tasting flights. Absolutely our favorite place to chill and get our grub on these days.

http://mspmag.com/eat-and-drink/foodie/sneak-peek-centro-tac...
That looks amazing. And close by work...

We love it. And during summer it's just a short walk down to MN Nice Cream which is a super fun desert place. I really think this area is going to become very popular for hip food/drink in the next year or two as it's already got two breweries and plenty of potential development space.

Any place you hang out has to be hip.

Oh hey now. I just freaking love guac and chips. My wife goes for the Mezcal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
For those in the northern burbs, I highly recommend Blue Village Grill just off of 35W and Lexington.

It has really good burgers and gyros as well as excellent bakalava.

I work across the parking lot from it and I have a hard time justifying going anywhere else for food.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Schleicher
United States
GOLDEN VALLEY
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Zebrowski wrote:
For those in the northern burbs, I highly recommend Blue Village Grill just off of 35W and Lexington.

I work across the parking lot from it and I have a hard time justifying going anywhere else for food.

When did that open? I used to drive by that area all the time, and don't remember seeing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
dschleicher wrote:
Mike Zebrowski wrote:

When did that open? I used to drive by that area all the time, and don't remember seeing it.

It opened last summer. It is in the "Village of Blaine" shopping center where Zantigos used to be. (My office is above Pier One in the same shopping center)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dschleicher wrote:
Mike Zebrowski wrote:

As old as you are I'm surprised you remember how to get to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Schleicher
United States
GOLDEN VALLEY
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Zebrowski wrote:
dschleicher wrote:
Mike Zebrowski wrote:

It opened last summer. It is in the "Village of Blaine" shopping center where Zantigos used to be. (My office is above Pier One in the same shopping center)

Oh, ok - went to that Zantigos a couple times...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Schleicher
United States
GOLDEN VALLEY
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
dschleicher wrote:
Mike Zebrowski wrote:

Not even sure how to respond to that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dschleicher wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
dschleicher wrote:
Mike Zebrowski wrote:

On the plus side you like Star Fleet Battles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt J
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
dschleicher wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
dschleicher wrote:
Mike Zebrowski wrote:

On the plus side you like Star Fleet Battles.
What the cities need is a Klingon restaurant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Monroe
United States
St. Paul Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

For you brew-pub fanciers:

https://yoergbeer.com/home
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cross-posted in the Twin Cities scotch/bourbon thread:

I picked the wife up from the airport last night and on our way home we decided to stop somewhere and grab a drink. Our normal go to near the airport is Lucky's 13 in Mendota Heights, but I had been anxious to try The Mudd Room based on Chad's earlier recommendation. Since it is in the basement of Lucky's 13, it was an easy choice.

We enjoyed it. They had an old fashioned on tap, which was interesting. Being a speakeasy, they had an impressive selection of spirits and wine, but their beer selection was very lacking (only like 12ish taps, and a chunk of them were crappy domestic pilsners like Golden Light or Coors Light).

The food menu is pretty limited - it's only one page - but we were surprised at the large portion sizes. Neither of us had eaten, so we each got a flatbread and an appetizer. It turns out that it was a huge amount of food, so we didn't finish more than half of anything and took the rest home for leftovers.

Obviously it was much quieter than Lucky's 13, so it made for a great way to wind down and relax for a couple hours after her flight before we continued home. It will likely replace Lucky's 13 as our "post-airport" go to from now on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt J
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Duck Donuts just opened in Woodbury:

Donuts made to order
Hope they can keep up with demand this Saturday - kind of an 'open house'

https://www.facebook.com/events/2241684792715154/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gigantis wrote:

Donuts made to order

We were there last Friday about 9 AM, and there were no lines. It does take a while to get your donuts since they are made to order, I could see them getting swamped.

Delicious donuts though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clubb
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gigantis wrote:
:)

Donuts made to order

I got a coupon on the mail and gave them a try a bit back. Very good doughnuts and worth the wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So this isn't like the collective freak out that the Twin Cities went through when Krispy Kreme arrived? I have no idea what the fuss was about with those things.

It sounds like Duck is making real donuts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Maddening
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep forgetting how spread out Woodbury is. I'm heading to the Alamo Drafthouse tonight, but that donut shop would be way out of my way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For you "pinky's out" food snobs around here, I just ate at Demi last night. Take the model of giving you several small bites over a period of 2-3 hours and compact into an intimate and comfy setting. The staff was amazing and was excited to talk about the food. Being able to talk shop with chefs Adam Ritter and Gavin Kaysen was the cherry on top. We had 16 total dishes with their spring menu and it was a cohesive and decadent experience overall. It's quickly become our favorite indulgence in town and we can't wait to go back in Summer when the menu rotates.

So if Trivail is like those crazy neighbors who always throw the best parties on the block, Demi is like your cozy roommate who you're always glad to see come home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
So this isn't like the collective freak out that the Twin Cities went through when Krispy Kreme arrived? I have no idea what the fuss was about with those things.

It sounds like Duck is making real donuts.
Krispy Kreme, when hot, are transcendent. Afterwards, meh. (IMHO, of course.)

Duck Donuts are novel, fun, and fine, but at $2 per donut, not worth a trip just for them, for me, anyway.

Closer to home, and donut-free, Casamigos is really good, except for the desserts, which are just OK. Food and service were top notch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whizkid wrote:
Krispy Kreme, when hot, are transcendent. Afterwards, meh. (IMHO, of course.)

Actually I 100% agree with this. I worked at the MOA for years and my go-to breakfast was a fresh off the line glazed in the morning while we set up shop. Was absolutely wonderful every time. But yeah, anything room temperature was pretty average by anyone's standards.

I've yet to find a local "fun" doughnut place that I would drive miles for. Closest I've found is Granny Donuts on Robert St, which is a well known secret of the area. Run by an old crabby Asian couple you walk in with the intention of buy a couple and walk out with a dozen because of his "you need one more" shtick as well as him just throwing a couple of extra in your bag without charging you so he can leave earlier that day. While not perfection, they are solid tasty doughnuts.

Otherwise I wait till I can get to Austin, Seattle, or Denver to have a Voodoo Doughnut. As touristy as they are, the sweets there are near perfection in my mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark W
msg tools
mb
He is a crabby guy for sure, the Minneapolis version with less crabby would be Sarah Janes Bakery in Northeast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Kline
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mojo Monkey Donuts on west 7th in St. Paul has some good donuts. Some are maybe a bit over the top, but most are good. (1169 7th st west)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CurtKline wrote:
Mojo Monkey Donuts on west 7th in St. Paul has some good donuts. Some are maybe a bit over the top, but most are good. (1169 7th st west)

I was a huge fan of theirs in the beginning but found them to be inconsistent after several vists. I'm glad they are still around and popular as the team there was always top notch, but once I discovered Muchi's crazy donuts I never went back.

https://twincities.eater.com/2019/1/16/18184735/muccis-itali...

Of course now Muchi's stopped making them which is a real shame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stagger lee wrote:
CurtKline wrote:

I was a huge fan of theirs in the beginning but found them to be inconsistent after several vists. I'm glad they are still around and popular as the team there was always top notch, but once I discovered Muchi's crazy donuts I never went back.

https://twincities.eater.com/2019/1/16/18184735/muccis-itali...

Of course now Muchi's stopped making them which is a real shame.

Pete - Maybe you are the curse of donuts shops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew D
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Mucci's Doughscuits. If you are a fan of cake doughnuts my local standard is Baker's Wife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  12 , 13 , 14 , 15 , 16  Next »  [16] |