Warrior Knights» Forums » General

Subject: Fate deck and suffling rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the idea behind the fact you only shuffle the fate deck when an event tells you to do that?

Sometimes you might not draw "the suffle event" for a while and the deck will have a certain order after some period time and it's then crucial in which order you put the cards back after battles. Usually somebody closest to the fate deck has put the cards under the fate deck without really thinking about the order.

Is there some master mechanics behind "not shuffling" or is just there to avoid suffliung?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmb
First of all, nobody will be able to remember the sequence of cards, even if able, I can't fathom how that would be of any use, since the reason you draw the cards can be any reason:

- outcome of expeditions
- battles
- end of round city revolts
- breaking ties
- random selection of player/noble
- random selection of city
- random selection of troop nationality

and each of these can be used for different reasons, and this is specially true if you play with the variant on the Private Motions, where you can come up with whatever you like and actually end up assigning new functions to any of the Fate Card's sections.... so let him/her try memorizing those cards and see how he/she fairs with the rest of the game that needs much more concentration.

As for your more objective question, I don't really think there's a real important function/mechanic behind it, it just really avoids you reshuffling cards as often as you would have to. The game has so many things to manage as it is, any cut-back in fiddly stuff is welcome. Also, one less discard pile! Every bit of free space is most welcome in this awesomeness of a game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus, if you are using the expanded fate deck from the Crown and Glory expansion you will never go right through it before a shuffle is called for. Either way, really not a problem...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubslug wrote:
Plus, if you are using the expanded fate deck from the Crown and Glory expansion you will never go right through it before a shuffle is called for. Either way, really not a problem...

Actually in our last game, we did. The were assaults and big battles quite often and shuffle card came quite late in the game.

but yeah, I guess the game already shuffles the deck on it's own with all sorts of card draws.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.