Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Waddell
Belgium
Antwerp
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mb
Hello,

I moved to Antwerp a year and a half ago from the states, and am looking for some fellow BGG'ers to play games with. I'm up for any genres, but perhaps ironically enough I prefer to avoid Ameritrash games if possible. Favorites include:

Carcassone
Pandemic
Hive
Can't Stop
Magic
Small World

So if you're looking for someone to learn your favorite games that your group has tired of, play Hive over a Duvel, or anything else, let me know.

Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stijn
Belgium
Antwerpen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trunkers wrote:
Hello,

I moved to Antwerp a year and a half ago from the states, and am looking for some fellow BGG'ers to play games with. I'm up for any genres, but perhaps ironically enough I prefer to avoid Ameritrash games if possible. Favorites include:

Carcassone
Pandemic
Hive
Can't Stop
Magic
Small World

So if you're looking for someone to learn your favorite games that your group has tired of, play Hive over a Duvel, or anything else, let me know.

Jason

Where in Antwerp do you live? I'm in the centre of town and am part of two regular groups at the Outpost Gamecenter. I believe there's also a Canada dude that shows up sometimes, but I think he lost interest when he realised we weren't really up for Catan every night.

Or if you rather not play in too big groups, I also like to invite people over to play at my place; got 4 chairs, so that suits most games as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Waddell
Belgium
Antwerp
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mb
I live near Harmonie, and know Outpost quite well, so we've probably seen each other. That said I do prefer to play elsewhere. Let me know next time you're hosting a get-together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jason,

"Spelfanaat" has a shop in Leuven and Mechelen where they organise game-evenings regularly. www.spelfanaat.be and there is a group on "bakkesboek" http://www.facebook.com/spelfanaatbe?ref=ts

Mechelen is only a 30 minutes drive from Antwerpen and Leuven about 45 minutes. meeple

But there are probably closer opportunities around Antwerpen.

cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Van Beurden
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Trunkers wrote:
I live near Harmonie, and know Outpost quite well, so we've probably seen each other. That said I do prefer to play elsewhere. Let me know next time you're hosting a get-together.

What exactly is your problem with the Outpost? I found I was always pretty welcome there?

EDIT: Ah, the dislike for Ameritrash would be a problem
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Cam
Belgium
Kontich
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason: this is the calendar of Forum, a group of gaming clubs which each gather once a month in a location near Antwerp

http://www.forumfederatie.be/kalender.html

I go to Mortsel (last friday of each month) which has a 1000 game collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're up for any genre you might want to take a look at

http://www.tsoa.be/

Tabletop and board wargames, in Antwerp, English shouldn't be a problem with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Waddell
Belgium
Antwerp
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mb
I enjoy Outpost on the whole, but recently every time I go there with a friend we get pestered non-stop by certain regulars. Also, it can be very loud (and smelly...) in there on weekends, especially if certain tournament crowds are there.

It's not a major issue, but if given the choice I'd rather meet at one of the dozens of other pleasant cafes around the city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Cam
Belgium
Kontich
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason: maybe you need to show up at Outpost when there's more boardgamers We meet up there most Sunday evenings, and this Saturday we meet there at 2pm. Join this group on facebook if you wanna see when we're there:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/201824159831687/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Waddell
Belgium
Antwerp
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mb
krommenaas wrote:
Jason: this is the calendar of Forum, a group of gaming clubs which each gather once a month in a location near Antwerp

http://www.forumfederatie.be/kalender.html

I go to Mortsel (last friday of each month) which has a 1000 game collection.

Thanks for this!

I will see if I can make it to the Ranst spelavond tomorrow night (will have to sort out schedules with the wife ).

A 1000 game collection does sound impressive. Are there any favorites that are frequently played?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Cam
Belgium
Kontich
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only been there twice so far. Both times I decided beforehand what game I wanted to play (the first time Shogun, the second time Antike; both hard to find games I hadn't played yet), went there early and managed to find people to play it with.

You can see their impressive collection here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/ForumMortsel?ow...

I think it's a perfect place to try out new games, while at Outpost we mostly bring our own games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Waddell
Belgium
Antwerp
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mb
lievendp wrote:
Hi Jason,

"Spelfanaat" has a shop in Leuven and Mechelen where they organise game-evenings regularly. www.spelfanaat.be and there is a group on "bakkesboek" http://www.facebook.com/spelfanaatbe?ref=ts

Mechelen is only a 30 minutes drive from Antwerpen and Leuven about 45 minutes. meeple

But there are probably closer opportunities around Antwerpen.

cheers!

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been meaning to check out Spelfanaat, as I've heard nothing but good things about the store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Waddell
Belgium
Antwerp
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mb
Okay, I'll be trying out the Ranst Forum meetup tomorrow night. Looking to try out some new games. In particular I've had my eye on:

Neuroshima Hex
Galaxy Trucker
Lords of Waterdeep

but have never played them before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Giant Kumquat
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,
if you still don't have enough between Antwerpen, Leuven and Mechelen, I'm looking people to play with in Gent (there's a post somewhere on the forum).
I wouldn't mind alternating sessions between Gent and Antwepen, in case. Feel free to drop a line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Mannens
Belgium
Sint-Niklaas
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you could come to Sint-Niklaas (http://www.hqgames.be) Our collection is 'only' 300+ games, but I'm sure you'll find some games you'd like
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny C
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also looking for a more regular gaming schedule, but I don't like going to big get togethers. So if you're looking for a regular gaming night each week at each other's places, we might be able to work something out.

I live in the centre of Wilrijk and my wife (who coincidentally is also American) likes to join in from time to time.

If you know others who'd like the idea, feel free to introduce them.

So, if interested, just send me a message.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spelen in Lille Spinli
Belgium
Lille
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're also welcome in Lille.

www.bloggen.be/speleninlille

collection BGG-user "spinli"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Raus
Switzerland
Plan-les-Ouates
Select please
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also like to play more.. Jason did you end up going to a Forum meeting in Mortsel? Was it any good?

Been thinking about going there with my gf as well, but never really did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oghma oghma
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hi Jason,

I looking for BG player around Antwerpen. I'm near La Morinierestraat., not far from Harmonie. 15 min walk.

I like to play strategic boardgame (Wow Tbg: ok it's an ameritrash but far different from the other , and really addictive) , cardgame (gang of 4) , RPG , and more classical like chess , go , etc ...... and still open to other good games to play .

looking forward to read from you soon !

Oghma, french lost in Antwerp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Van 't veld
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a regular player at the Spelfanaat and I would highly recommend it. It recently moved to the beginning of the street, so check the address. We meet on Tuesday evening and start at 7PM. They've got quite the collection,so stop by any time.

Looking forward to seeing you there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.