Popular Tags: [View All]
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Fields of Fire, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be back at Sentry Box this Saturday on my way to Calgary Airport and wondered if someone knows if any issue of AtO Magazine featured a tactical level (or even platoon-company level) WW2 game? If so, which issue? sentry Box has pretty much every single issue in stock. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McNeely
United States
Hilo
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Fortress Berlin has units from division down to company sized. I think most of the WWII stuff is on a bigger scale though. Unless you want tactical battles in the air. Then you can go for Buffalo Wings which is quite excellent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Fields of Fire, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Am also looking at the PG series from Avalanche but favor the west front and shorter games with nice maps (some of the PG series maps are, uh, uglyish) so am trying to research the best PG title to fit that spec (although am willing to go Med or East front as well).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Panzer Grenadier: Elsenborn Ridge is usually the "starter West Front" game that gets recommended.

One alternative is Panzer Grenadier: Beyond Normandy, which features British forces. Unlike many of the games in the PG series which use generic geomorphic maps, Beyond Normandy uses actual terrain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.