Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frost Forge Games
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The following update is taken from the most recent Island Fortress update on Kickstarter...

Hi everyone. Sorry it's been a while since my last update. There was an awful lot of work to get done, and I can finally say, it's DONE. That's right... we're now done with everything on our end and we're officially off to the printers!

So, now I think I owe everybody an explanation since it was a little longer than expected. First and foremost, the reasons can be summed up as follows: we want to give you the best game (in all respects) possible...

The rulebook, took a LONG time to finally nail down to a point that we were very satisfied with. We went through five rounds of editing, proofreading and adding illustrated examples. I thought putting the extra time and effort into this was well worth it. I hate ambiguous or poorly-written rulebooks. I think anybody new to this game should have no problems and will have very few questions with the rulebook provided. We also expanded the FAQ section AND worked out a deal on getting an Italian translation of the rules done.

After posting an image of the score track on Board Game Geek, we got a lot of feedback from people who seemed unsatisfied with the layout. Well, we listened! Dann took the time to go back to the score track and improve the layout and the numbering, while keeping the beautiful, original art.

I also completed a set of promotional cards that I will talk about a little more at a later date.

Lastly, we are looking to have a really great box insert for the game which will keep everything (including the expansion components) in place.

So... there it is. I think you will all appreciate and enjoy the work and extra effort we put into trying to make this game the best it can be from a rulebook perspective to the graphics, to overall quality.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Johnson
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The page for the Promo Cards has been added... Island Fortress Promo Cards. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Johnson
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE...

I'm pleased to say that all Kickstarter supporters will receive a FREE pack of the Promo Cards with each game ordered from Kickstarter. You don't have to do anything... they will ship out automatically with your game(s). Each base game sent out will come with one pack of Promos! Not only will Kickstarter supporters receive the free Promo Cards, but EVERYONE who preorders the game through Shop.GameSalute.com between now and the game's release later this year will also receive them, while supplies last.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.J.
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the latest on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trampas Johnson
United States
Bismarck
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An update would be great... as I've emailed Game Salute twice so far with no response.

At this point, I want my money back.

I don't care about delays. That's fine by me. It's the complete SILENCE on the part of Game Salute. I'm tired of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
HallandOatBran wrote:
as I've emailed Game Salute twice so far with no response.

Isn't Game Salute just the fulfillment service to ship the games once received? Until that time, shouldn't you be asking Frost Forge Games as they are the publisher (and I assume) the liaison with the physical manufacturer of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last Kickstarter update was from October 6

Quote:
Hi, all. I just wanted to send a quick update before I go on vacation later this morning. I will be in Japan until November, so this MIGHT be my last update until I return.

I received an email from Chris at Panda GM on October 3rd stating that they are ready to start making the first proof of Island Fortress. He said it generally takes about a week to make the proofs and then they'll ship it over (it's coming from China to the east coast of the U.S.). Obviously, I won't be here when it arrives, so I am having them send it to the Game Salute team for them to examine. If anything needs adjusting or fixing, we inform them of it so they can take care of it and make the necessary adjustments. If everything looks ready to go, we give them the thumbs-up to move forward and start production.

That's about it for now. It's unfortunate I won't be able to see the proof until I return from my trip, but nothing I can do about the timing of it. We have a great team to look over everything while I'm away. If there is any big or important news in the meantime, I'll be sure to let you all know. Thanks for hanging in there! See you when I get back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trampas Johnson
United States
Bismarck
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't use Kickstarter, merely pre-ordered from Game Salute.

So they don't control price changes or anything? That's not clear at all through their website...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trampas Johnson
United States
Bismarck
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the Kickstarter link. I'll bookmark it and check there from time to time for updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Johnson
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trampas, my apologies for not updating on here regularly. I have been keeping everyone posted on Kickstarter and mentioned in a previous thread that folks can get their updates there. I didn't want to flood the BGG threads with that kind of stuff.

If you are not getting satisfaction by emailing Game Salute, you can always contact me directly here on BGG or through my design studio, Frost Forge Games. I have always been very accessible and open, and respond to ALL emails promptly.

I hope you will reconsider asking for a refund as we are now completely done with the printing of the game. The only thing left is the tray manufacture and collation/assembly process. We are hoping to have it shipped to us by the manufacturer before the Chinese New Year on February 10th.

Again, sorry for not posting frequently here. Please contact me if there's anything I can do for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Springboard by Game Salute
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Trampas...On behalf of Game Salute, I apologize for any delay or non-reply to emails concerning your order. I'm in a different department, so I would not have received your email personally, but if you'd like me to check on something for you, just send me an email to springboard@gamesalute.com and I'll do what I can.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE #31 from Kickstarter posted today.

Quote:
Hi backers. A couple of weeks ago, Panda sent me a rough copy of the insert tray to the base game to test out. While everything fit inside the tray, one thing I noticed was that the wall tiles, when stored vertically, stood several millimeters ABOVE the tray top. In most other games, this probably wouldn't be a problem, but because we have 4 region boards, player boards, a scoring track and rule book that needs to lie flat on top of the tray, it posed a small problem.

There were a few options to resolve this....
A) We could redesign the box to make it deeper in order to accommodate a taller insert tray, but considering ALL printing of the game (including boxes) is completely done, this would be a very expensive and time-consuming option. Not to mention, shelf space is a valuable commodity for most gamers. We REALLY didn't want to make a bigger box.
B) We could just forget about the tray and instead use a generic 2 compartment cardboard insert. This didn't seem worth it since we would still need to pay for the tooling of the work already done on the original plastic insert tray. Also, it is not nearly as nice as a formed tray that holds all components in place.
C) Figure out the best way to make everything fit with the current tray.

After fiddling around with it for a while and getting input directly from Panda, we DID find a way to fit everything in the base game box allowing all boards and the rule book to lie flat on top of the tray.

At the bottom of this update are some photos of the VERY FIRST actual copy of Island Fortress to reach the U.S. I received this advance copy yesterday. In the first photo, you can see how everything fits in the tray. Basically, to make sure all of the wall tiles don't stand above the level of the tray, I put all of the base game tiles (including the small reinforcement tiles) in the long trench at the bottom and then I just leaned the tiles back so they are level with the tray top. In the trench above that (to the right) are the 36 wall tiles that come with the Expansion. They will also lean back nicely and allow the boards and rule book to lie flat on top of the tray. The Governor meeple (as well as the Taskmaster meeples and scoring discs) are lying in the same trench as the Governor's Seal (hiding below it).

So, you are probably wondering where production stands at this point. Well, as I stated earlier, ALL printing is completely done. The only thing left for Panda to do is to finish producing the trays (now that we have agreed to proceed with the current tray) and then they will assemble and collate everything. That's it.
We spoke with them yesterday and they are doing everything they can to try to get everything completed and on a ship BEFORE the Chinese New Year on February 10th. This is important because if it is not on its way by the Chinese New Year, it is a serious delay since all production shuts down from February 9th to the 18th. Again, they are doing what they can to get it to us ASAP.

In closing, I want to thank all of you who nominated Island Fortress as one of the 20 Most Anticipated Games of 2013. Because of you, the game got enough votes to be nominated and is now available to be voted on in the Overall and Thematic categories. We didn't get enough votes in the Strategy category to make the list, but it is an honor and quite an accomplishment just to make it to the final voting at all, sooooo... if you have a moment of free time and would like to cast a vote for Island Fortress in the "Overall" category and "Thematic" category, you can do so at this link... http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/151507/item/2448787 I certainly appreciate all of your overwhelming support and humbly thank you for your votes. I couldn't get there without all of you. You guys are the best. Thank you!

And now for some cool pictures....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Johnson
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: We just received the shipping schedule for Island Fortress. It will leave China on Feb 4th and is expected to arrive in Boston on March 15th. Allowing time for customs and local freight, Game Salute should have it in their warehouse in New Hampshire by the end of March.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.