1 Posts

Bloody Legacy» Forums » Variants

Subject: Possible ways to add strategic depth rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Malc R
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
This is a fun game but I was wondering about possible amendments to increase the depth of strategy.
Currently the main strategy elements involve deliberately accepting a soft hit to preserve defensive cards to protect against more critical damage and spotting when someone seems defenceless and ganging up on that player.

I was wondering about doctoring some of the trap negation cards (e.g. holograms) to give an option of accepting the damage but drawing an extra card or accepting the loss of a card but restoring a point or two of health. As some of the trap cards have the toss mechanic for determining whether they are high or low damage, the same toss mechanic could be used for determining which defence option is used

It could also be worth doctoring a few cards to make them trap/defence optional.

I think these changes would make for a longer game and provide more strategic options.

Merging a second deck might allow for additional players but you might have to remove some trick cards to reduce the possibility of void rounds due to people not having any trap cards. Using the second deck could also allow you to preserve a vanilla deck while doctoring the second deck to allow the adoption of the options suggested earlier.

Finally, if merging decks, it may be appropriate to start with larger hands, perhaps 4 or 5 cards.

Please let me know what you think of my suggestions (untried as yet) or let me know of any modifications you have used.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.