first last
msg tools
If an outbreak causes two additional outbreaks due to a chain reaction, do we move the Outbreak marker 3 times?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yea...
Just remember a outbreak location can only have 1 outbreak a turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:
Oh yea...
Just remember a outbreak location can only have 1 outbreak a turn.

Correction:
Each city may only outbreak once in each chain reaction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once per card is how I like to remember it.

Turn up Paris, resolve outbreaks. Turn up London, everything is eligible to outbreak again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matzi1 wrote:
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
Once per card is how I like to remember it.

Turn up Paris, resolve outbreaks. Turn up London, everything is eligible to outbreak again.

No, I dont think one per card. One city is affected only once in a chain reaction.

Oh I was about to write in to say you were right, but actually ...

... turning over a different card is a separate chain reaction ...

eg: Both London and Paris are on 3 blue cubes
* The Paris infection card is drawn
* Paris outbreaks to all the surrounding cities
* Since London was already on 3 cubes, it chain-react outbreaks
* All the cities around London are infected, with the exception of Paris since that has already had an outbreak in this chain.
* After all cubes have been places and any more chain react outbreaks resolved, this chain-reaction is over.

* A NEW INFECTION CARD IS DRAWN: LONDON!

* London is already at 3 cubes so it outbreaks to all cities around it, this time including Paris
* Paris also already has 3, so it chain-react outbreaks, to all cities around it, with the exception of London, which has already had an outbreak on this chain

NB Since Madrid and Essen are both adjacent to London and Paris, they would get an extra infection cube every time London or Paris outbroke, so twice for each card ... which means by the end they're > 3 and outbreaking as well (but not back to London or Paris).

Good luck to survive that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Patterson
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
What were you expecting?
badge
I have overtext 'cause everyone else was doing it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've lost the game many times and very quickly with this rule in place. You can have three cities with three cubes next to each other. Two of those cities getting drawn means six outbreaks occur on one turn and you're probably dead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why you need to make those areas with 3's close to each other a top priority!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Patterson
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
What were you expecting?
badge
I have overtext 'cause everyone else was doing it.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's usually an end game situation where you're running out of cubes and cards and you have a couple of those situations coming anyway and you're just pulling cards knowing the world is about to end. Sad. Grimm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.