Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the C&C scenario book, it lists boards with codes for placement. In the manual, it even says that the boards have these codes. But for the life of me, I cannot find such a thing on my boards. Am I the only person having this problem? I can fudge it since the boards are easy enough to identify in the scenario booklet, but I haven't seen any other complaints about this and I'm just curious if I'm the only one or if I'm just blind as a bat and not seeing them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think folks are somewhat overwhelmed by what is in the box and, except for those fudging it with blocks, not many people seem to be actually playing yet. (i have an idea I have using other figs and chips to try the game before I finish--or even start--the figs that come with it). So the fact no one else has asked yet doesn't mean you are blind, but maybe no one else has asked yet. I haven't gotten to the point of even looking for those codes.

There are a lot of dangling threads to figure things out...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The codes, I think, show which corners meet one another. There should be hex numbers in the corners of the board. Match them the way the diagram shows in the scenario set-up and that should be the base/underlying terrain. Then you add other things where called for. That's basically how it works in Art of Tactics.

For C&C, since hex notation is usually immaterial, I was just going to match up board sides and rivers as called for and drop terrain wherever it's shown.

I finally finished assembling my figs, but painting and other chores are still to come. Yeah, I'll probably break out my C&C blocks for some quick games, but there hasn't been much interest in my group. The less-fanatic C&C players are still hooked on Ancients and Napoleonics!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Gauthier
United States
Monticello
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The C&C booklet says that the codes on the board are not used (use them for AOT possibly). The codes shown in the scenario board corners in the C&C scenarios (A2-F2)are not printed on the boards.

This 2 in 1 format is new. What they should do in the future is have someone give an overview of what you've got and which game they are for. Instead you've got two systems that hardly reference each other at all. Its a minor flaw, but confusing indeed. (Not Nick).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
hepcat1 wrote:
In the C&C scenario book, it lists boards with codes for placement. In the manual, it even says that the boards have these codes. But for the life of me, I cannot find such a thing on my boards. Am I the only person having this problem? I can fudge it since the boards are easy enough to identify in the scenario booklet, but I haven't seen any other complaints about this and I'm just curious if I'm the only one or if I'm just blind as a bat and not seeing them.

Not sure it matters with the blank terrain side. Just match up the hexes..place the tiles.. and wallah.... game on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Taeblewalker wrote:
The codes shown in the scenario board corners in the C&C scenarios (A2-F2)are not printed on the boards.

Ah, that answers my question. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sherry
United States
Great Falls
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone noticed you can't use other C&C boards, which are all 13 by 9, as this board is 12x11?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The C&C booklet says that the codes on the board are not used

My C&C rules, page 2, says they are used. (which is not to say you didn't find someplace else that says they aren't.)

Given that all 8 scenarios show the same sequence and pattern of the blank boards, it may be moot...but it is vexing.

I agree with "Not Nick" that there is a lot more confusion here than many of us are used to.

I don't think I agree with Brian about not using other C&C boards.

I'll wager the Epic versions of CCA and Battlelore both get applied here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sherry
United States
Great Falls
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure how you can "not agree" that they are not the same size boards. It's a fact. There might be a way to make the Epic Boards work, but the individual BL and C&C:A boards aren't the same size as the basic SB board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ad1642
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Black Knight wrote:
Has anyone noticed you can't use other C&C boards, which are all 13 by 9, as this board is 12x11?

I think you could fit a SB game on a breakthrough board, not a perfect fit but by limiting movement to 12x11 it would work, but I think the hexes size are smaller (?) and the section lines need to be changed (?).

I orderd a Hotz mat, half mat with 3" hexes, length grain. The special Command mats are not the correct size either. I don't like the original boards so much and want to try a slightly larger playing area to give some room to the figures.

Just trying out things, not sure it will be optimal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sherry
United States
Great Falls
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am designing a homebrew expansion and sadly the different map size means I can't just use an existing editor for one of the many other C&C games. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
mille1212 wrote:
hepcat1 wrote:

Not sure it matters with the blank terrain side. Just match up the hexes..place the tiles.. and wallah.... game on!

I have looked over the maps some more...

The boards do not have any labels that match the scenarios, but looking at the shades of the maps (yes they appear to be different), I say they line up as follows (for C&C scenarios only of course). What do you think?

193 (upper left corner) 257 (upper left corner) 321 (upper left corner)

225 (upper left corner) 289 (upper left corner) 353 (upper left corner)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taeblewalker wrote:
The C&C booklet says that the codes on the board are not used (use them for AOT possibly). The codes shown in the scenario board corners in the C&C scenarios (A2-F2)are not printed on the boards.

This 2 in 1 format is new. What they should do in the future is have someone give an overview of what you've got and which game they are for. Instead you've got two systems that hardly reference each other at all. Its a minor flaw, but confusing indeed. (Not Nick).

C&C uses only the sides without rivers printed on them. If the scenario has a river on it, it's due to the additional terrain. AoT uses both sides of the boards, but you just use the pictures in the scenarios to figure out what boards are used and how they are placed. The AoT scenarios actually list the hexagon numbers used and where they are placed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Not sure how you can "not agree" that they are not the same size boards.

I don't challenge the size at all. The 'not agree' part is "CAN'T USE other C&C boards."

Even if the board ratios are not the same, that doesn't prevent anyone from pulling out some options.

And with the limit in scenarios, I think folks will be pulling soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sherry
United States
Great Falls
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might be right. I am thinking of designing scenarios using the 13x9 standard as most people who like c&c have a board or three in that size anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.