Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Subject says it. Is "Second Edition" or "Second Printing" on the box anywhere? In the rules? Does the box look any different?

Other than minor typos and clarity corrections, I understand the only major change is to the cards' appearance, making them somewhat easier to read. Are there just color and contrast adjustments, and things like that, or are the cards completely re-designed? I would love to see a side-by-side picture comparing an old card and a new one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
I can answer to the cards as a 1st Edition owner who opted to buy a nex set of cards.

The cards are a thicker stock and better quality. The design doesn't seem to be much changed. If I have the opportunity, I will post a side by side of a card or two this evening (if no one beats me to it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does say Second Edition on the box. I believe maybe upper right hand corner? IIRC, it's not in the starkest color, but it's there somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Macleod
United States
Pearland
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely on box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dietz
United States
Sigel
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It is on the box.

THe most important changes:

1 - Text was clarified on a card or two.
2 - The card quality was increased for the deck to the maximum thickness possible for a deck of cards to be made from and still be easily shuffled.

--If you wind up getting a 1st ed. game and want/need the 2nd ed. cards, I still have about 35-40 decks remaining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Current
United States
Carmel
IN - Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie? - Outlaw Josey Wales
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, the "2nd Edition" label on the box is hard to spot. It is printed in the upper right hand corner of the front cover of the box. It is about 12pt font, printed sideways (or vertically) and is in a color that is only slightly lighter than the background. It could not be spotted in a photograph or outside bright light. BTW my vision is better than 20/20.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Griffie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Are the cards larger in the second edition than the first? A different forum post said the green Mayday sleeves fit the cards, and a couple people concurred -- however that thread is from 2010 and those sleeves don't fit my 2nd edition cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.